Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yup... I don't give a F that he likes coke and hookers. But 2 years in a row of sinking playoffs and once in the regular season... dude is as unreliable as it gets.
Yup…

Who on here doesn’t like coke and hookers? but we don’t abandon this forum during playoffs. We’re all here posting on game day and we all go through the ups and downs

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
No, it’s not. At all. You stated that the same thing can be said for the team entirely. The entire team did not get suspended due to extracurricular activities while being an important piece and taking up significant cap space multiple times.

Not winning the cup is a team failure. How each player attributed to that is not the same nor should they be weighted the same.
It's weighted the same to me. They fact they're so dependent on Nichuskin means the rest of the team is a liability too.

Last edited:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
We were so close again and Nuke ruined it for us. He was like scoring a goal per game in playoffs before we ditched him because of some kind of substance abuse. We don't know what it is.

Hopefully according to the rules we can give Nukie one more chance.

Reactions: Alienblood

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Now here is one thing to consider IF Nuke comes back to the team (which I very much doubt). Is the great Nuke the guy on drugs or or the clean one? I think that is the former.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
It's weighted the same to me. The fact they're so dependent on Nichuskin means the rest of the team is a liability too.
You seem to think this team hinges singularly on nuke. We were screwed if this had happened to any one of him, Mack, Makar, Rantanen, Lehkonen, Toews. It just happened to be him. For the second straight playoffs. We need all the good players we can get and he is not trusted to stay clean. Use his cap on a good player that is, it’s as simple as that.

Nuke is a good player, good players are useful to winning. Add in the shock and disappointment factor of removing a good player from the roster, for personal transgressions two years in a row and it’s very obvious this shouldn’t be weighted the same. This is not brain science or rocket surgery here.

This player is a liability and we can use their cap space on someone that isn’t.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
You seem to think this team hinges singularly on nuke. We were screwed if this had happened to any one of him, Mack, Makar, Rantanen, Lehkonen, Toews. It just happened to be him. For the second straight playoffs. We need all the good players we can get and he is not trusted to stay clean. Use his cap on a good player that is, it’s as simple as that.

Nuke is a good player, good players are useful to winning. Add in the shock and disappointment factor of removing a good player from the roster, for personal transgressions two years in a row and it’s very obvious this shouldn’t be weighted the same. This is not brain science or rocket surgery here.

This player is a liability and we can use their cap space on someone that isn’t.
They're close to a .500 team when he's not playing. He does all the small things well. Drive to the net. Provide a physical presence. Losing one player shouldn't derail the team like it did for the past 2 years. You have to be a team. My hope is that they can retool the depth enough to help in the areas that Nichuskin is good at. Make it so that when he comes back, he's a luxury. Not a center piece of your attack. What's the saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...you can't get fooled again. Sorry. I'm quoting Bush.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
They're close to a .500 team when he's not playing. He does all the small things well. Drive to the net. Provide a physical presence. Losing one player shouldn't derail the team like it did for the past 2 years. You have to be a team. My hope is that they can retool the depth enough to help in the areas that Nichuskin is good at. Make it so that when he comes back, he's a luxury. Not a center piece of your attack. What's the saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...you can't get fooled again. Sorry. I'm quoting Bush.
Fool Me Once GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
They're close to a .500 team when he's not playing. He does all the small things well. Drive to the net. Provide a physical presence. Losing one player shouldn't derail the team like it did for the past 2 years. You have to be a team. My hope is that they can retool the depth enough to help in the areas that Nichuskin is good at. Make it so that when he comes back, he's a luxury. Not a center piece of your attack. What's the saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...you can't get fooled again. Sorry. I'm quoting Bush
Of course the team needs work, I’ve never said otherwise. Where I disagree with you is that I simply don’t believe you can apply equal weight to all players positive or negative contributions to the team success. The player that is expected to be a top line player with a large cap hit has not been available for use these last two playoffs. Find a replacement that will and the depth improves simply because they are available to play.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
We were so close again and Nuke ruined it for us. He was like scoring a goal per game in playoffs before we ditched him because of some kind of substance abuse. We don't know what it is.

Hopefully according to the rules we can give Nukie one more chance.
He promises he won't hit me again. I'm giving him one more chance! Your posts in this thread are legitimately kind of sad.

Also, you realize the Avs didn't "ditch" him because of the substance abuse, right? He was caught by the league and forced into the 6 month suspension. The Avs had nothing to do with it.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
He promises he won't hit me again. I'm giving him one more chance! Your posts in this thread are legitimately kind of sad.

Also, you realize the Avs didn't "ditch" him because of the substance abuse, right? He was caught by the league and forced into the 6 month suspension. The Avs had nothing to do with it.
You are saying exactly what I am wanting you to say. It took you a while to respond but I was waiting for your response for days now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad