GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
This is what scares me about Lindstrom... Bobby Mac has him at 5, this guy has him at 11. I've seen him at 5 and 11 respectively on other lists as well.

I know consensus for this draft is all over the place but 6 places is a pretty wild swing.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
This is what scares me about Lindstrom... Bobby Mac has him at 5, this guy has him at 11. I've seen him at 5 and 11 respectively on other lists as well.

I know consensus for this draft is all over the place but 6 places is a pretty wild swing.
Bobby Mac didn't have him at 5 - a consensus of 10 scouts did.

versus a consensus of one single Jason Bukala.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Bobby Mac's list is a compilation of scout picks. It's not him making up the list.

As for consensus in this draft? it doesn't exist. :laugh:

Reactions: Deebs

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Wouldn’t put much emphasis on it.

Demidov should be concensus at 2, but Russian factor may dissuade some teams he could fall.

Other than that - 3 to 12 is almost interchangeable. Its going to come down to scout preference and or teams needs.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
To be honest this year draft is not as exciting as next year. Aside from to 2, anyone from 3-11 can go any position.

I’m like meh, even the top 2 aren’t franchise players. We probably will win just like the 2022 draft.
Ughh, that would mean we would have to take another bust, just like Slafkovsky :(

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I will work, but I will watch this thread. That would be such a fantastic day if Habs win top 2 pick. I already imagine Celebrini or Demidov with Slaf, that will be insane.
I also want the second pick to select Demidov . Then with all the good young players Habs will then get, in 2-3 seasons they will be on top of the NHL. So, to join his friend Hutson and play for a top team, Celebrini will choose to go free agent to sign with Habs.
EEhte8ZUEAA8MCR.jpg

See, it's so simple ....

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
To be honest this year draft is not as exciting as next year. Aside from to 2, anyone from 3-11 can go any position.

I’m like meh, even the top 2 aren’t franchise players. We probably will win just like the 2022 draft.

Lol.

Celebrini is absolutely a potential franchise player. He may not have Bedard’s flash and pizzaz but he’s a very effective hockey player. It’s like comparing McDavid and Crosby. One is alot flashier but the other is one hell of a complete player.

It’s the same thing.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol.

Celebrini is absolutely a potential franchise player. He may not have Bedard’s flash and pizzaz but he’s a very effective hockey player. It’s like comparing McDavid and Crosby. One is alot flashier but the other is one hell of a complete player.

It’s the same thing.
To me it’s Bedard = McDavid, Celebrini = Eichel. Obviously different drafts, but the impact of each at their highest potential seems to be about this.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I’d be wary about trading Guhle. It’s so hard to tell. It’s going to be really interesting if we don’t win the lottery. Anything can happen
100%.
IMHO, I have Guhle already penciled in for a 15 year career with multiple all-star appearances!! And he’s years away from his prime? Kid’s going to be soooo good.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
To me it’s Bedard = McDavid, Celebrini = Eichel. Obviously different drafts, but the impact of each at their highest potential seems to be about this.
Pretty decent comparison, I think Mack will be a better goal scorer than Eichel and hopefully more durable.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Pretty decent comparison, I think Mack will be a better goal scorer than Eichel and hopefully more durable.
Yeah it wasn’t a stylistic comparison, but more impact. Bedard has the potential to be the top NHL player and Mack has the potential to be on the cusp of the Top 15. Either way, they both change the fortune of their respective franchises.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Don't think so.

Celebrini is more Yzerman or Joe Sakic. Eichel will forever have had moments, but Celebrini can be a lot more and a lot more two-way + leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad