GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
This is what scares me about Lindstrom... Bobby Mac has him at 5, this guy has him at 11. I've seen him at 5 and 11 respectively on other lists as well.

I know consensus for this draft is all over the place but 6 places is a pretty wild swing.
Baby Mac also states in his article for the first time in 35 years he’s been doing the draft list, it’s a free for all after 1OA - something he’s never witnessed before

Reactions: Rozz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Just did the lottery simulator 3 times.

1st time: MTL 1st oa pick
2nd time : MTL 1st oa Pick
3rd time : MTL 2nd oa pick
You're just being greedy doing it another time when we won it twice in a row. If we don't win it, I'm going to personally blame you.

Reactions: habsfan891

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
My sources tell me that an NHL team will win the lottery tonight.
Meh…..your source is weak, 1 prediction….my source tells me 14 teams will lose the lottery and 1 will come in 2nd place…..how ya like dem apples

1715105586964.gif

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Baby Mac also states in his article for the first time in 35 years he’s been doing the draft list, it’s a free for all after 1OA - something he’s never witnessed before
It's kind of rare to have so many quality players who are about on the same level. After the céleri there's like around 10 players who are very good and would have likely been drafted top 5 in 2022.

Ive seen lots of negativity on this thread . I’ve just wanted to show people it’s slightly possible we win it .

I’m at the church, back to prayers.
Don't forget your holy water.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
We don't need to add a McDavid to end the rebuild, Celebrini is going to be an excellent player and will be a top 6 forward this upcoming season. Why wouldn't you want to capitalize on a stud that's going to be on his ELC? What else are we going to be waiting for besides growth from our dmen?

Again. I do not see us making the playoff yet. You can still rebuild the team with pick from #12-16 (Caufield, Suzuki, Ghule).

Honestly, do you guys believe we will 100% make the playoff with Celebrini? We have been playing with any major pressure the last 2 years. We will see how the team handle it next year.

When i said Celebrini=McDavid. I has trying to lower the expectation of him on his first year in the NHL. He probably will have the same numbers as Fantilli/Carlsson in the NHL. Around 50 pts on his first season.

With or with out him, I see us drafting around #10-15 next year. Going from #5 to 10-15 is a huge improvement for the team.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Again. I do not see us making the playoff yet. You can still rebuild the team with pick from #12-16 (Caufield, Suzuki, Ghule).

Honestly, do you guys believe we will 100% make the playoff with Celebrini? We have been playing with any major pressure the last 2 years. We will see how the team handle it next year.

When i said Celebrini=McDavid. I has trying to lower the expectation of him on his first year in the NHL. He probably will have the same numbers as Fantilli/Carlsson in the NHL. Around 50 pts on his first season.

With or with out him, I see us drafting around #10-15 next year. Going from #5 to 10-15 is a huge improvement for the team.
100% positive the Habs will be battling it out for a Wildcard spot w Dach, Celebrini + off season addition

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If we win #1 with Celebrini, I’m sending a team including Marty to sell Montreal to Stamkos!

Wouldn’t even need to. All Marty has to do is send Steve a pic of his quads and he’ll know what’s up.

It’s kind of like the Bat Symbol ya know

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Honestly, do you guys believe we will 100% make the playoff with Celebrini? We have been playing with any major pressure the last 2 years. We will saw how the team handle it next year.

the goal next year, as weird as it sounds, isnt to make the playoffs outright. Thats obviously gravy buy Hughes explicitly said the goal is to be in the mix realistically for a playoff spot down the stretch in the last week or so of the regular season. Before the Monahan trade, habs were on pace for an 82 point season and were hovering around that all season long. With a years experience more, the return of Dach, etc, that mark should serve as the floor next season for the habs if everything proceeds normally without major injuries. I personally have the over/under next year set right now at 85 points. Now if they inject someone like a Celebrini, then a Hutson, maybe a Mailloux and/or Reinbacher, I could see that over under go up. Drastically? Probably not. But it wouldnt surprise me to see habs be a bubble playoff team next year. Teams like the flyers, pens, wings, etc are in a similar position and I dont find those teams to be drastically better than the habs

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Better luck next year:(

You have to think that this is just them testing the graphics!?

But also: the actual physical drawing of the balls happens before Bill Daly does the TV announcement with the cards.

I believe the physical draw happens in the hours before the announcement, but I'm not sure how soon earlier. It's actually possible the physical draw has already happened, but I don't know exactly when the draw happens.

The physical draw is supposed to be held in a secure room, administered by a third party law firm, and everyone in the room is supposed to be locked down until the announcement is made on TV. Teams are all allowed one representative in the room.

I don't know what the process/timing is for getting the result out to Bill Daly, and whether the TV studio gets a heads up before he reveals the cards?

Surely they can't have f***ed this up so badly??

EDIT:
As per @Leto:
"The drawing of the balls is 90 min before the announcement, so 5:00pm."

So the balls have not been drawn yet, so there's no possibility of a leak yet!

Reactions: Rozz and Habaneros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad