OT: Golf/Tennis Thread

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Tiger Woods caddy is wearing a New York Ranger T shirt under his caddy attire. Also he is listed as caddy '94. :yo:

Yeah, was awesome.

wz5C6gK.jpg

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I got a question for everyone. Half way point, are you taking Spieth or the field?

After 36 holes I would have taken Speith. The true players (Rose, Watson, D. Johnson, McIlroy, Mickelson and even Woods to a degree) were so far back it would have taken a collapse by Speith and absurd rounds by some of them to overtake Jordan.
Now after 54 it's a better question. I'll still take Speith. After his experience last year, getting so close only to fall short, I think he's matured.

He's been red hot entering Augusta. He should post another under par round, so it will take great rounds from Mickelson or Rose to catch him. I think Hoffman is starting to come back down to Earth a little. Woods and McIlroy are 10 strokes back. They are terrific golfers but it will take a miracle for either of them to win.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Spieth dominated Augusta this week.

This is great for golf. An American Superstar in Spieth and a European Superstar in McIlroy.

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
Spieth dominated Augusta this week.

This is great for golf. An American Superstar in Spieth and a European Superstar in McIlroy.

Plus Tiger looked very good considering the circumstances and Phil looks to be on his game. It sets up a great storyline and anticipation for The Players in May.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Plus Tiger looked very good considering the circumstances and Phil looks to be on his game. It sets up a great storyline and anticipation for The Players in May.

Yeah, by no means am I discounting those two. I still think Tiger can equal those two for the next 5-10 years if he can build off of this performance and start winning again. Phil has shown in recent years that even if he's no longer the second best golfer in the world, he's really hard to beat when he plays his best. Very few people can match Phil's best.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
NBC will be televising the final round of the TPC (the 5th Major) from 2pm-7pm. Will keep me busy prior to Rangers.

Pulling for Fowler....hope he has a good day. He's not too far back.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
And he did end up winning. Fowler earned it. Well deserved.

Yeah man. Happy Fowler finally broke through with a big, big win. Only his second ever PGA tour win and 1st in 3 years. Fowler broke the TPC Sawgrass record for lowest tally in final 4 holes with birdie-eagle-birdie-birdie. Then takes out Garcia & Kisner in OT.

Finish it off with a coronary-inducing Rangers game, and you have one hell of a sports day.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Nadal falling out of the top 5 for the 1st time in like a decade. Lost to Murray the other day at Madrid. Does anyone think someone could bounce Nadal in the French? He's the King of Clay and I remember doubting him at the French a few years ago due to coming off of knee surgery and the French being his 1st major back, so I'm a bit hesitant in saying Nadal isn't the favorite still.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
US Open is tomorrow. Anyone interested? Who's going to win?

Been out here since Saturday (and flew out and back to Orlando last Sunday as well)... Beautiful weather here. Course is brown and dry and the greens are huge! Tricky course though and conditions should be great. -10 wins. Von a have some fun shots to see and maybe even an ace on a par 4.

I'd say not Tiger will win.

Going to go with mickelson. How's that for a story?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Been out here since Saturday (and flew out and back to Orlando last Sunday as well)... Beautiful weather here. Course is brown and dry and the greens are huge! Tricky course though and conditions should be great. -10 wins. Von a have some fun shots to see and maybe even an ace on a par 4.

I'd say not Tiger will win.

Going to go with mickelson. How's that for a story?

-10? That doesn't sound very US Open-like.

I don't think you are going out on a limb saying Tiger won't win. Mickelson winning would be big news. I'm going to pick the Masters champion though.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
-10? That doesn't sound very US Open-like.

I don't think you are going out on a limb saying Tiger won't win. Mickelson winning would be big news. I'm going to pick the Masters champion though.

This isn't your traditional US open course. Weather is going to be a non factor and this course is tricky but getable. I'm sticking with -10 & Phil

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The craziest major I've seen to this point. Jordan throws it away, DJ has it, he throws it right back to Jordan for the win. My pick was right and I'm happy, but thats just hard to understand how that happens.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
im a spieth fan but u just have to feel for dustin johnson. a couple times hes just thrown it away on 18 in a major

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
spieth is the derek stepan of golf

Maybe in that aspect, but he's the McDavid if McDavid is the best player in the NHL in three years on his way to being one of, if not the best player ever.

I'm a Tiger fan as well, but to this point, Jordan's career is more impressive than Tiger's.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Fed with his 8th Halle title, didn't play his best all tournament but found ways to win (particularly against Kohlschreiber). Great preparation for Wimbledon.

Those who are counting out Rafa - don't. If there's one thing he's shown us over the years, just when you think he's finally down and out, he comes storming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad