GDT: GER vs. POL May 18, 2024

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just now realized that the Oberliga team Zabolotny signed with is the Bietigheim Steelers who played in the DEL just a season ago. How did they get relegated 2 years in a row?

Any help @Albatros ? There must be some kind of story behind it.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I just now realized that the Oberliga team Zabolotny signed with is the Bietigheim Steelers who played in the DEL just a season ago. How did they get relegated 2 years in a row?

Any help @Albatros ? There must be some kind of story behind it.
Them being a DEL team is a bit of a mirage, the resources were never at that level. But they were good enough for DEL2, so being unable to stabilize the team after relegation and going down again is a bit of a shock this time especially as I'm not aware of any overwhelming external reasons, now they have to do it in the Oberliga instead. Even at that level there are half dozen other teams that can challenge them as equals.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Just 4-2. Germany was in final last year. Poland have been good this WC. I think they win over kazaks.
KHL is by far the second best league in the World! Kazakhstan is full of KHLers. You got lucky and along with the refs won this time but dont get cocky!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad