GDT: CAN vs. FIN May 18, 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
well I hope that makes your day, and it's true
You're the best, JJ, but you must be NO fun at dinner parties...

1716065605157.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Put it this way, I was more optimistic about this game than the next two.

I think the Swiss will be tougher (coming on a back to back) and the Czechs tougher still, so it’s a good progression for the medal round.

Last edited:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I don't know, I think we will get a minimum of 4pts from Denmark and Switzerland and then play a very 50/50 qf against Sweden. But I actually wouldn't hugely mind our missing the quarterfinals, it might shake things up a bit - we have gotten quite self-satisfied during Jalonen era.

Reactions: Summer Rose

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Finnjävels lost again. 2 crappy fringe level NHLers vs a team full of NHLers.
Puljujärvi acting tough when he knows you can't fight in the WCH.

The only good outcome of this game is that Puljujärvi can't reproduce anymore. so Finland won't have that many crappy hockey players in the future.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I would have wished for Jalonen's last tournament for the Finnish NT to run better. But I'm afraid the quarterfinal is no longer possible for Finland. Austria will win against Great Britain, so they finish the preliminary round with 10 points.

And before the tournament, I predicted a close game between Switzerland and Finland, with quite good chances to win it for Finland. But now I can't imagine how they can beat Switzerland; for me, Switzerland is now the clear favorite. So Finland gets a maximum of 10 points too, and because they lost against Austria, they will be only 5th in their group.

But at least I will still have Switzerland to root for. But the quarterfinal will likely be a tough game for the Swiss. Because they lost against Canada, they will very likely face either the USA or Germany, and against both opponents, they lost again and again in the past.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad