Blackhawks at the 2024 IIHF World Championships

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Bedard had an assist (on powerplay to tie the game late) and converted a shootout attempt in Semis against Switzerland.

However, the other four Canadian shooters failed to convert and Switzerland won the shootout to advance to the Gold Medal Game (against Czechia).

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Canada's shootout lineup was Bedard + bums

Two defensemen, Dubois, and Cozens. What were they thinking?

No Tavares?

Embarrassing.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
In tournament, Bedard started off hot and then cooled. Came on last few games. Coach recognized CB was on his game today and played him accordingly. Put a scorer with CB (Eisermann) and watch out.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Bedard probably has one more year to try for the quadruple gold club. WJC, OG, WC, SC.

The WC is weirdly one of the more elusive of the 4. Once we start competing he’ll never have another shot. Probably his hardest leg of the four.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bedard probably has one more year to try for the quadruple gold club. WJC, OG, WC, SC.

The WC is weirdly one of the more elusive of the 4. Once we start competing he’ll never have another shot. Probably his hardest leg of the four.
I hope this is the one and only year he plays in this dumb tournament. He should use the offseason for rest & recovery, and putting on muscle.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
for those of you who didn't watch the Canada vs Swiss semi here is my breakdown of the game...

Coach gives Bedard one shift in first 15 minutes of the game. Result = Canada down 2-0

Coach starts to play Bedard. Result = Canada gets back into the game and Bedard sets up game tying goal.

Coach doesn’t give Bedard any ice in OT. Result = Canada fails to score

Shootout, guess who scores the only goal for Canada?

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Yeah the way Bedard was handled in this tournament was really weird. He did take a few undisciplined penalties, although I think of that was partially due to frustration in general with his role. There was no reason he shouldn't have been on PP1, nor out there more often when they needed a goal. Despite all that he put up 8 points in 10 games.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Started watching a lot of German stuff because my girlfriend is German, how do you guys feel about Reichel having a pretty solid WC?

It's good that he had a good tourney. He needs to get his ass in gear next season though.

Two years ago he looked like a sure fire top 6 player. He was great in the AHL and looked like a player during his time with the 'Hawks. Last year he looked like he forgot how to play hockey. He looked out of place in the NHL. He started the year at center which was a flop. He coasted his way for most of the season to an AHL demotion. He finally picked things up near the end of the season. He was attacking the slot more and used to speed to blow by defenders which led to points. He looked like his old self from the 22-23 season for the last handful of games. He also finished strong in the AHL playoffs which led to the good WC you mentioned.

I'm going to consider his 23-24 season a sophomore jinx. It happens to a lot of players. He needs to return to the form he showed in 22-23 and take another step next season. I believe he will do that.

Mind you he was playing with mostly AHL players while he was on the 'Hawks last season. The overall roster will improve this off season so that will help him as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad