Best site for box scores

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Flashscore is by far the best imo. You can fav just about any league/team and follow the scores (NA/EU proleagues, NA/EU junior leagues, and even asian leagues... tons of stuff). If you only care about the NHL, you can just fav that one and it will always be at the top.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I must be in some stratosphere of genius that I just don't know because I don't find NHL.com that difficult to navigate. Same with the app. I click "scores" and there are the scores.

Reactions: Buck Naked

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Amazing how it's not super easy to find a simple boxscore.

I'll try flash score as well.

Thanks for the tip.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
TheScore is one of the best things I took away from my time in Canada. No BS, clean interfaced app. I use it solely for box scores, and I put it on my 70+ year old parents’ devices. As their tech support, I consider that to be the best review I can give a product.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I don't get it. What's the problem?

Screenshot_20240519_234314_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520_000151_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240520_000151_Chrome.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It was only recently that I found out NHL.com still has those oldschool, simple, boxscores.

1716187667408.png

Unfortunately you have to open every game seperately to find these boxscores, which is awful with the NHL.com website running so slow, especially if there is a lot of games.

Back in the day, you could find these box scores directly under each game and could quickly just open them up in new tabs.

Reactions: dubey

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I must be in some stratosphere of genius that I just don't know because I don't find NHL.com that difficult to navigate. Same with the app. I click "scores" and there are the scores.

Complaining about trivial things is the biggest addiction of the people in the internet age.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
It's clunky nonsense.

I've been playing fantasy hockey for a long time now and for simplicity sake 'Sports Alerts' is excellent. App is a blue whistle.
I know this is extremely late response to the OP but if you are watching this thread still try that one.
What's the clunky part? I clicked scores, schedule, stats and I saw scores, schedule, stats. It loads quickly, too. I personally use The Score app, but I don't have any issue with NHL.com.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It was only recently that I found out NHL.com still has those oldschool, simple, boxscores.

View attachment 873426

Unfortunately you have to open every game seperately to find these boxscores, which is awful with the NHL.com website running so slow, especially if there is a lot of games.

Back in the day, you could find these box scores directly under each game and could quickly just open them up in new tabs.
I usually run those on other tabs while watching a game they are hiden but honestly the best thing about NHL.com they still have the ones for ice time and scratches also

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

View attachment 873426

These are still my favorite - you have to know the Game ID but once you do, they're easy to keep loaded.

The last part always starts with GS. Then 01 for preseason, 02 for regular season, 03 for playoffs, and 04 for all-star games.

For regular season (other than schedule changes - games will retain their original game ID) the first game of the year is 0001, and the last game of the year is (number of teams times number of games/team divided by two) - so this year is (32*82/2) = 1312:

The playoffs are a bit easier - the last four digits are a zero, then the round (1 through 4), the pairing (1 through 8, then 1 through 4, then 1 through 2, then 1) and the game. So the first series of the second round would be 0211, 0212, 0213 ... 0217. Here's the other night's game six:

Other useful reports:
Game Summary - the game summary as exhibited above
Event Summary - game totals by player.
Time On Ice Report Away Team - exact ice time for visiting team players
Time On Ice Report Home Team - similar for home players
Play By Play - detailed play by play
Faceoff Comparison - faceoff matchups
Faceoff Summary - faceoff summaries
Playing Roster - roster report including scratches
Shot Summary - shots on goal detail by player

Last but not least (since it's in different format):
NHL Stats - the shift chart that lines up the ice time reports in a visual manner.

These go back maybe 25 years (not all of the reports go back 25 years but the GS and ES reports certainly do) and are super useful.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Flashscore is by far the best as many have already mentioned. It has a very simple UI and is great for quickly seeing what I need. Also it is great for individuals who follow multiple sports and leagues/tournaments. It has a huge variety of sports and leagues/tournaments that big apps like ESPN/TSN don't carry.

Reactions: Realgud

ijuka

May 14, 2016
edit: Oh already done.

Anyways, with gameID you can get the HTML reports of various flavors, and the gameID you can get with the API as well, for example you can write a script that automatically opens every html report for every match of the day, takes like 30 lines on Python.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad