Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Lindholm’s statement about all the D being involved more offensively isn’t a realistic recipe for success. There’s only one puck, and how players play away from the puck is just as important. Also, nothing worse than having a D partner who thinks he’s Booby Orr, when not even close.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Lindholm’s statement about all the D being involved more offensively isn’t a realistic recipe for success. There’s only one puck, and how players play away from the puck is just as important. Also, nothing worse than having a D partner who thinks he’s Booby Orr, when not even close.
I hate Monty's system for this. I want mobile D'men who prioritize defense in our end and can execute a breakout pass, but who stay out by the blue line in the o-ozone, move their feet and get shots through from the point.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think he's truthful and would be extremely useful to the team, almost in a "Player Coach" kind of capacity. I don't feel as though he's making excuses because IMO he looked like he was having to take shots or pain killers to be able to even skate, never mind playing in the worlds #1 hockey league.
He's a good luck charm and again IMO he helped to drag the team through the first round and his leadership extended their post season to 6 games. Against Florida that was a big ask of this stripped down shell of last years team.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bruins have a lot of Cap Space coming up this summer. I don't want the team to spend wildly to the Cap or take on a Peasants attitude. Make strong deals for guys who are truly "hard to play against." I want a Zadarov or at least his type. Edmunson played well for Toronto IMO and helped to change their ways, so they'll probably keep him.
I'm not good at taking a deep dive in the talent pool but toughness is my first priority on defense.
Guentzel would be a great addition, and if the can shake a player or two loose from Florida (are they up against the Cap) I would do it too. Doubt anyone is going to want to leave that team.
My pipe dream is Brady Tkachuk, a boy can dream!

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Agree, move on from Grizz, Forbort and Shattenkirk, sign some UFA's like Zadorov, Walker, Skeji, LIndgren etc., a couple of those guys would be better replacements and use of cap space.
I really wish Forbort could stay but he will likely cost too much looking at his salary trajectory on cap friendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad