Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Yeah I mean a lot of the Darwin stuff in mental anyway, like if he goes to Barca (for example) dies he think the online fans are going to be any easier on him? It's a bummer. A lot of the LFC fans online never got off the FSG train and cannot see anything positive. If anything it might be worse because he will actually be able to read it in Spanish

Are you okay?

One would say he should not bother care about such losers, but that’s easier said than done when they involve family. Disgraceful. We’ve certainly have those too. Still at this point. When Arsenal played bad around Christmas all good things around the club suddenly we’re forgotten. Onlinefans are rotten.

Haha, i am fine. I was just reminded of the good old days when i could be salty as hell over a girl not responding :laugh: Overreacting was not unusual back then. Regretting everything the day after ofc.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Yeah I mean a lot of the Darwin stuff in mental anyway, like if he goes to Barca (for example) dies he think the online fans are going to be any easier on him? It's a bummer. A lot of the LFC fans online never got off the FSG train and cannot see anything positive. If anything it might be worse because he will actually be able to read it in Spanish

Are you okay?

One would say he should not bother care about such losers, but that’s easier said than done when they involve family. Disgraceful. We’ve certainly have those too. Still at this point. When Arsenal played bad around Christmas all good things around the club suddenly we’re forgotten. Onlinefans are rotten.

Haha, i am fine. I just remembered the good old days when i was salty as hell if a girl didn’t respond :laugh: I always knew i shouldn’t be, but it was hard not to. Then you slept on it and all those feelings were gone. I have a great wife now btw :)

Reactions: Savant

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's incredible how much ETH whines about the roster he has and compares it to previous managers despite having spent roughly 70 billion dollars since he took over.
It seems crazy to me that Bayern views him as a legit target at this point (I know they are scraping the bottom of the barrel, but still). He'll have likely even less control over player movement over there considering they have Eberl, and FC Hollywood seems likely to be beyond his man management abilities. His penchant for unproductive whining to the press would fit right in with Uli and Rummenigge though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would take Darwin but... We don't have the money. How much would he cost anyways?
It’s really hard to say. I’d imagine they would want to break even on what they spent pre-add-on at the minimum (which I think was 60-65m) but who knows if they can even get that. I was half kidding but this is why I would rather try to “trade” him. Heard Roque wants to leave :) maybe they can tempt Kounde out if they promise him he will play CB; (although there is another possibly impossible transfer I might try to use this strategy with). Christensen wouldn’t be the worst idea as a makeweight. Etc

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It’s really hard to say. I’d imagine they would want to break even on what they spent pre-add-on at the minimum (which I think was 60-65m) but who knows if they can even get that. I was half kidding but this is why I would rather try to “trade” him. Heard Roque wants to leave :) maybe they can tempt Kounde out if they promise him he will play CB; (although there is another possibly impossible transfer I might try to use this strategy with). Christensen wouldn’t be the worst idea as a makeweight. Etc
I would trade Darwin for Roque and Christensen 🤣🤣🤣

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I would trade Darwin for Roque and Christensen 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, and Xavi’s answer to that would be “how come you didn’t get me Thiago Alcantara?” Then Deco would reply “well he’s out of contract this Summer so…”. Xavi: “So give them Yamal as well.”

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Leverkusen linked with Aleix Garcia but to be fair everyone should. Second best Spanish midfielder in my book right now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Leverkusen linked with Aleix Garcia but to be fair everyone should. Second best Spanish midfielder in my book right now.

I can see moving for him at the right price, but IMO he’s overrated. Stats are padded and he’s largely unproven. That said I did just pick him up in my fantasy league for the league minimum so I have a vested interest in him doing well. Just so long as Barca don’t buy him.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I can see moving for him at the right price, but IMO he’s overrated. Stats are padded and he’s largely unproven. That said I did just pick him up in my fantasy league for the league minimum so I have a vested interest in him doing well. Just so long as Barca don’t buy him.
I remember him being shit in a relegation fodder team in the Romanian league, but what stats do you think are padded? He's been unbelievable in most underlying stats.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I remember him being shit in a relegation fodder team in the Romanian league, but what stats do you think are padded? He's been unbelievable in most underlying stats.

First, let me be clear here, “overrated” doesn’t mean bad. It just means what it says, overrated or rated too highly. For example, when I hear “second best Spanish midfielder” that makes me think you’re overrating him. You qualified that with “right now” which would need to be defined, but there’d likely be plenty of context there anyway.

Also, when I said he’s not that proven, he’s really only got two notable seasons under his belt. That’s not to say I would tell someone to pass on him, but he’s not as proven as a lot of other players.

For me the overrating comes from his assists. How many of those come from set pieces? That doesn’t mean they don’t count, but I rate assists from open play more.

That said there are things I do like. I think he’s an excellent passer of the ball when it comes to long range passes. I also think he’s scored some impressive goals.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern will be triggering their buyback on Sieb and sending him out on loan. The 2003er had 15 scorer points (12g+3a) in 2054 2nd division minutes this season; finishing as Fürth's top goalscorer.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
First, let me be clear here, “overrated” doesn’t mean bad. It just means what it says, overrated or rated too highly. For example, when I hear “second best Spanish midfielder” that makes me think you’re overrating him. You qualified that with “right now” which would need to be defined, but there’d likely be plenty of context there anyway.

Also, when I said he’s not that proven, he’s really only got two notable seasons under his belt. That’s not to say I would tell someone to pass on him, but he’s not as proven as a lot of other players.

For me the overrating comes from his assists. How many of those come from set pieces? That doesn’t mean they don’t count, but I rate assists from open play more.

That said there are things I do like. I think he’s an excellent passer of the ball when it comes to long range passes. I also think he’s scored some impressive goals.
I agree, he's a good player but not second best Spanish midfielder. Not even close in my book

Reactions: les Habs

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Cool partnership here. Bochum wanting to tap into the Canadian Soccer world as we get closer to the World Cup. Also gives them an upper hand in scouting young Canadian talent.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cool partnership here. Bochum wanting to tap into the Canadian Soccer world as we get closer to the World Cup. Also gives them an upper hand in scouting young Canadian talent.

I’m a big fan of these teams from top leagues (that are not the usual top teams) having partnerships with these smaller leagues like the MLS or CPL. Clear path of ascension for these teams that actually works.

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I’m a big fan of these teams from top leagues (that are not the usual top teams) having partnerships with these smaller leagues like the MLS or CPL. Clear path of ascension for these teams that actually works.
Yeah it's a great move. That makes 2 CPL teams with connections to Europe and there have been rumours of more coming.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's incredible how much ETH whines about the roster he has and compares it to previous managers despite having spent roughly 70 billion dollars since he took over.
The funniest aspect out of all of this is that he got some of the players he wanted; Antony is totally a player from his shortlist. I would suspect that Onana and Casemiro are others as well. All three have been disasters.

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The funniest aspect out of all of this is that he got some of the players he wanted; Antony is totally a player from his shortlist. I would suspect that Onana and Casemiro are others as well. All three have been disasters.
I think the most funny is the best Ajax players wound up with David Moyes at West Ham

Reactions: JPBolts and KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad