Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Can we at least agree we were tough enough and just lacked finishers?

I hope we can end the ridiculous toughness thing. We were tough, our goaltending was elite, our D was great.

Our F's needed to score in high danger spots and did not. Let's get more who do.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’m a big Elias Lindholm fan. I’ve actually been advocating he’s a top center when maybe have said he a 2nd line center.

I would absolutely take him. The post I made was my “dream scenario” of finding a top center that’s age aligns with pasta/McAvoy/swayman. I doubt my dream will come true but if we land on Elias Lindholm I’ll be happy. My one caveat with him is his age and his likely contract demands

Sounds like my old high school basketball coach.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I hope we can end the ridiculous toughness thing. We were tough, our goaltending was elite, our D was great.

Our F's needed to score in high danger spots and did not. Let's get more who do.

I wouldn't say our D was great.

I think Maroon had a lot to do with B's being tough enough.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
We aren't moving our D guys come on.

Did you even notice the big guns of Florida the last few games? I did not. Our D was the reason.

We got beat by the narrowest margins on depth, in the end.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
We aren't moving our D guys come on.

Did you even notice the big guns of Florida the last few games? I did not. Our D was the reason.

We got beat by the narrowest margins on depth, in the end.

Our D is lacking. I don't understand how moving Lindholm or Carlo helps anything at all and I don't know why people are suggesting it.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Here's the skinny on Linus Ullmark's M-NTC from what I have been able to gather.

Had to supply a 16 team no trade list July 1, 2023.
Team had the right to ask him to modify it around trade deadline.
Has to delete one team from his list on July 1, 2024.
If the agent is late in submitting, the M-NTC is null and void.
Player can modify list on July 1, 2024

It all boils down to the team already has his list of teams he will not accept a trade to for Entry Draft day(s) although the team has the right to ask him to waive for any team not on his list.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I said it earlier, but my sense is Sweeney will go old/quality and 2 year term. I think they can see a path to the conference finals, and some really good 4-5M vets fit that.

As opposed to the big dream trade everyone wants.
Sweeney traded Lucic and Hamilton same day and had Rask going to Sharks and was overruled??? Talked out of would be too crazy doing all that

History surely would have been altered

He’s the one GM who will make an insanely big trade

He is not conservative

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d take some swings at center prospects. Maybe try to pry Alex Turcotte out of LA in an Ullmark trade. Former 5th overall pick, has struggled to stay healthy, has not produced much offensively yet. I read he’s focused on his game without the puck. Looks to be trending upwards. Age 23. Stick him in Providence besides Lysell. Maybe you get lucky and some of these guys pop sooner or later.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
PLD is so intriguing, he had 2 solid years playing in Winnipeg which is not a destination that most players are crazy about, but is a very solid hockey market with rabid fans. Then he goes to sunny LA, a popular destination where you a small fish in a big pond and he has a terrible year. I wonder if playing in Boston which is close to Montreal would spur him on in terms of playing to his potential. He has all the tools required to be a legitimate #1 center with great size. But he is a coach and GM killer, I wonder if Sweeney is seriously looking at him as a possible acquisition.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here's the skinny on Linus Ullmark's M-NTC from what I have been able to gather.

Had to supply a 16 team no trade list July 1, 2023.
Team had the right to ask him to modify it around trade deadline.
Has to delete one team from his list on July 1, 2024.
If the agent is late in submitting, the M-NTC is null and void.
Player can modify list on July 1, 2024

It all boils down to the team already has his list of teams he will not accept a trade to for Entry Draft day(s) although the team has the right to ask him to waive for any team not on his list.
if I’m Ullmark my thoughts
1. Swayman is their future
2. I want to play and in a place I’m comfortable playing and living
3. I will talk to agent make a list where I want to go and see if it’s a possibility & discuss with Sweens

Bussi all accounts is ready and can’t be sent without clearing waivers

Devils have Nico & Hughes who push down all the other C and take 75-80% of PP minutes

I’m Donny I go back for availability of Mercer

They got Nico, Hughes, Bratt, and Meier they can move Mercer

He’s got that Peter McNab production to me

The Devils shouldn’t do a 1:1 but the scale can be adjusted

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
if I’m Ullmark my thoughts
1. Swayman is their future
2. I want to play and in a place I’m comfortable playing and living
3. I will talk to agent make a list where I want to go and see if it’s a possibility & discuss with Sweens

Bussi all accounts is ready and can’t be sent without clearing waivers

Devils have Nico & Hughes who push down all the other C and take 75-80% of PP minutes

I’m Donny I go back for availability of Mercer

They got Nico, Hughes, Bratt, and Meier they can move Mercer

He’s got that Peter McNab production to me

The Devils shouldn’t do a 1:1 but the scale can be adjusted

The other thing with ullmark is he is looking for a place to spend the rest of his career. I fully expect he will sign an extension this summer. Possibly as a condition to waiving a NTC

Reactions: Bodit9 and bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Swayman made the 2nd round series a LOT closer than it otherwise would’ve been.

The B’s forward weren’t tough enough to sustain any offensive pressure/ forecheck. Panthers D had an easy time transitioning pucks out of their own zone quickly.

The B’s defense struggled mightily getting to pucks and exiting their D zone. Continuous turnovers. It wasn’t pretty. Imo it was a big part of why the offense couldn’t sustain any traction offensively. The ice was tilted towards Swayman for large portions of that series.

The D needs some work. A fast/ big smooth skating D would be on my list. As would a physical D who can punish opposing forwards and force them to look over their shoulders (Kevin Miller type)

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Sweeney traded Lucic and Hamilton same day and had Rask going to Sharks and was overruled??? Talked out of would be too crazy doing all that

History surely would have been altered

He’s the one GM who will make an insanely big trade

He is not conservative
He should've been talked out of the Hamilton trade, too. Friedman wrote that Sweeney rushed the trade and there were other GM's, who would've made offers, that were angry because they weren't told that Hamilton was available. James Mirtle reported that Sweeney also turned down "much higher" 1st round picks than 15th overall from Calgary. My guess is that Colorado (10th overall) and Columbus (8th overall) were those picks.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

DeBrusk 6/36
E Lindholm 4/32

Kinda high on EL not going over 4 years

Players I would target: Guentzel, Toffoli, Lindholm (if the price isn't crazy), Stephenson

Ideally, Lindholm and Guentzel, but I'd be happy with Toffoli. I'd move Zacha back to wing and let DeBrusk walk. I suspect they'll keep DeBrusk and bring in a Center.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Definitely need better scorers up front, but this team isn’t anywhere near tough enough.

Our defense played tougher than expected but the forwards need at least 2 bona fide tough guys who hit to hurt and can fight.

Frederic continues to disappoint in this regard. I don’t remember one notable hit he threw in the playoffs.

Geekie may have had a couple, Brazeau, Maroon, McAvoy, Coyle, Marchand as well…..but nowhere near enough.

Biggest problem is that there is nobody on this team that makes anyone on the other team uncomfortable….except maybe McAvoy a dozen or so times a year.

There is nobody, up front for sure that would make an opposing veteran say to a rookie….”hey, keep your head up when. XXX on in the ice.

And assuming Maroon doesn’t come back, there probably isn’t anyone who has:

1. Fought more than 15 times
2. Won more fights than he lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad