OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I'm up to the final episode of Shogun. It's been a great watch. I wish it weren't just 10 episodes, because it could dive much deeper into the web of intricacies and relationships.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm up to the final episode of Shogun. It's been a great watch. I wish it weren't just 10 episodes, because it could dive much deeper into the web of intricacies and relationships.
Been watching with my wife and she’s got zero patience for plot development / mid-series lul for something that doesn’t have yet a broad audience accolades.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Repo Man reminded me of an old classic (lol) that many of the new generation aren’t familiar with: “Garbage Men” staring Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estervez!

Men At Work. :) And it co-stars one of my favorite supporting/character actors Keith David (who people always get mixed up with another actor David Keith) as their hard-ass boss.

Been watching with my wife and she’s got zero patience for plot development / mid-series lul for something that doesn’t have yet a broad audience accolades.

It's a very slow burn of a plot, to be sure. But it makes those rare moments of action/violence more intense.

Reactions: kovazub94

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

View attachment 876684

Two of my all-time favorite sci-fi flicks are Repo Man and John Carpenter's They Live which starred Roddy Piper.
'They Live' is one of my favorite non-Halloween Carpenter flicks, right there with 'Escape from New York', 'The Thing', 'Escape from L.A.' and of course 'Vampires'.

It's interesting you brought this up because I've been toying with the idea of 'refreshing' the movie with current technology and casting Rempe in the Roddy Piper roll. Like, I can totally see him uttering, 'I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum.'

Come to think of it, oh man wouldn't it be great if he approached Tkachuk in the pregame and said that to him on a hot mic? NHL Twitter/X would melt down.

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Men At Work. :) And it co-stars one of my favorite supporting/character actors Keith David (who people always get mixed up with another actor David Keith) as their hard-ass boss.

It's a very slow burn of a plot, to be sure. But it makes those rare moments of action/violence more intense.
Men at Work is right - I thought I was going to get away with translation back from its Russian title.

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Watched Open Heart. Hank is legend, but honestly did we need a documentary? There are some good nuggets and honest moments in there, but overall it kept harping about his competitiveness and the need to accept things.

Reactions: majordomo

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Watched Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 opener.....they haven't lost a beat -- continues to be riveting stuff!!!!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad