Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Is anyone actually surprised? Just another L for Meruelo. All big talk, putting the cart before the horse again. Saying he's going to do something before even looking into the details to see how possible it is.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Is anyone actually surprised? Just another L for Meruelo. All big talk, putting the cart before the horse again. Saying he's going to do something before even looking into the details to see how possible it is.

When you’re looking to negotiate a deal you always try to get the most you can out of it knowing you have to give back.

It’s not a win or loss… it’s a process.

• Haha
Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
When you’re looking to negotiate a deal you always try to get the most you can out of it knowing you have to give back.

It’s not a win or loss… it’s a process.
He straight up said he was going to move the Roadrunners to Tempe. 6 games is as much of a negotiating win as losing the team to Utah, but keeping the brand rights was a W.

He said he would do it before knowing if he even could (or should.) He said himself he "spoke to soon."

Last edited:

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I would just like to see him actually do something he says he's going to without the severely watered down results he ends up with. To be able to take what he says at face value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Doaner

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I would just like to see him actually do something he says he's going to without the severely watered down results he ends up with. To be able to take what he says at face value.

You may find all this humorous but this is how a lot of these things go.

Only difference is with pro sports teams the dirty laundry gets aired out more.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He straight up said he was going to move the Roadrunners to Tempe. 6 games is as much of a negotiating win as losing the team to Utah, but keeping the brand rights was a W.

He said he would do it before knowing if he even could (or should.) He said himself he "spoke to soon."

He said he wanted to move them…. massive difference but you do you.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And you do you lol. I donr see "want to" in there.

"Meruelo appeared on "Burns and Gambo" on 98.7 Arizona Sports Thursday, saying in definitive terms, "I kept the AHL team, which plays in Tucson. We're gonna move them up to Mullett Arena."

So??

His original intent was to move them and now it’s changed to just 6 games.

His original proposal for TED was so terrible even I would have voted no. Turned out to be a damned good one but they botched their campaign on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Look….. if you want to turn every opportunity into a “shit on Meruelo” affair I’m not really going to care. There’s plenty a reasons out there for that.

I just don’t feel this is one of them.
Good for you!

I'm not turning it into anything. He's the one setting expectations.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad