OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
When you wish upon a star... They released their new album today, The Star!
The album is themed around the end of the universe. Scandinavian melancoly.
Can't put a label on this one. Top ten album of the year for me.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

It's Canadian (i think) black metal. But SIG:AR:TYR consistently put out really good stuff.

I'm very underwhelmed by the new Alcest singles. So much so that I'm not even going to post it!

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

It's Canadian (i think) black metal. But SIG:AR:TYR consistently put out really good stuff.

I'm very underwhelmed by the new Alcest singles. So much so that I'm not even going to post it!

Wow, that's some stuff I like!
Thank you so much for posting this.
Who would've thought your cousins of the north had that much swedish blood in them?

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This is something you never knew you needed in your life, Viking Metal!
This is Månegarm, "The noose of gold", a legend of the Viking king Agne who slayed his Finnish enemy and aducted his daughter Skjalv to marry him. She was just planning her revenge and when the new day dawns he found his final rest high up in the trees.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
While we're at it, why not listen to a song sung in the old norse language that the vikings spoke. This is Wardruna, Helvegen. A song about death, dying and remembering those who have passed. About crossing over and about letting go. It is a song about searching for lost songs and old traditions.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is something you never knew you needed in your life, Viking Metal!
This is Månegarm, "The noose of gold", a legend of the Viking king Agne who slayed his Finnish enemy and aducted his daughter Skjalv to marry him. She was just planning her revenge and when the new day dawns he found his final rest high up in the trees.

Viking metal runs in my blood my dude. Amon Amarth, Turisas, Ensefirum, moonsorrow.... LOVE IT. haven't heard of manegarm but I like what you've posted. Definitely checking more of them!

Have you been up all night or just a super early riser!?

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
While we're at it, why not listen to a song sung in the old norse language that the vikings spoke. This is Wardruna, Helvegen. A song about death, dying and remembering those who have passed. About crossing over and about letting go. It is a song about searching for lost songs and old traditions.

I love this, BTW. Amazing

• Love

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Viking metal runs in blood my dude. Amon Amarth, Turisas, Ensefirum, moonsorrow.... LOVE IT. haven't heard of manegarm but I like what you've posted. Definitely checking more of them!

Have you been up all night or just a super early riser!?
I got up at 6 am local time, arrived at work 6.30. Fridays we got to get home early, 1300 hours swedish time. I suppose that's 8 hours ahead of you. Slept for 2 hours after work.
I work at the european branch of an American company based in Indiana, manufacturing sunscreens and such. I have the privilege of choosing how much I need to work over the year, so I can watch the Wild during the winter. Right now it is pretty intensive, so usually I work 10-12 hours a day. But I love it, all my co-workers is insane.

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
You boys are getting a little off in the weeds on me here, lol. I like the fact that they're incorporating all that old world stuff. The music is good, but for me, I have to like the vocals. Lot of that gutteral stuff in the past few vids just didn't get me there. I get picky with gutteral stuff. The Wardruna, Helvegen was good though. Kind of in the vein of Heilung, but less primal, bit more...evolved.

[EDIT]: Also...I am absolutely addicted and in deep to Orbit Culture now. Man these guys are absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad