THE GREATEST PRO WRESTLING MATCHES OF ALL TIME

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah the iron man match might have been better then Brooklyn, I think what hurts it was it being I'm Full Sail and Brooklyn being the high emotional payoff to Bayley's story (and of course the history aspect to Brooklyn)

Idk if it's an all timer, but a match that at least deserves some more discussion is Sasha vs Bayley HIAC. No crowds hurt that match, but it was still really good and the two of them were doing A++ character work without crowds for close to a year at that point.

That Asuka vs Ember match was an all-timer for sure.

Becky vs Charlotte LWS might be the best main roster women's match WWE has put on. Bianca's two Mania matches against Sasha and Becky along with Charlotte vs Rhea at Mania 39 are also up there.

Britt vs Thunder has to be the most noteworthy AEW women's match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rhea vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania 39 is definitely in there.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just my 2 cents but it seems to often people on places like this put to much stock into workrate. If I was making my list of what makes a great match the 2 biggest thing for me would be

1) crowd reaction/atmostpshere
2) storyline/buildup to such a match

Sure workrate my play a little into it but how many matches if you based it solely on workrate would go from being a all time classic to a dud(Hogan-Andre Wrestlemania 3 comes to mind)

Reactions: BruinDust

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Just my 2 cents but it seems to often people on places like this put to much stock into workrate. If I was making my list of what makes a great match the 2 biggest thing for me would be

1) crowd reaction/atmostpshere
2) storyline/buildup to such a match

Sure workrate my play a little into it but how many matches if you based it solely on workrate would go from being a all time classic to a dud(Hogan-Andre Wrestlemania 3 comes to mind)
Yeah that translates to sports as well. The greatest games are not generally where the most skill or impressive technical moments took place. They generally have high stakes, huge crowd investment, and lots of drama, plus skill. Wrestling is the same.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Looking at these are always interesting I was and am still not a classic wrestling watcher

I grew up watching ECW and FMW then CZW and XPW and now other indie death feds

So my favorite matches are probably not up to par with everyone elses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad