Prospect Info: The 2024 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Which player are you most looking forward to?

• Cole Hutson, LD [USNTDP, USHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artyom Levshunov, RD [Michigan State Spartans, NCAA]

• Zayne Parekh, RD [Saginaw Spirit, OHL]

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Plenty wanted that done last draft and then they ended up with Ritchie and Gulyev.

Goulash is probably a tad down in value, Ritchie a tad up. Neither are an amazing flex. They are in the rough area of what you'd expect out of a late 1st... guys who show potential, but really won't impact the NHL for another ~2-3 seasons at a high level.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Continuing to play around with a mock draft simulator, and am noticing these names right around the 122, 132, and 137 range, that I wonder if they make any sense:

-Austin Burnevik, RW (USHL)
-Sebastian Soini, RD (Ilves U20)
-Owen Allard, C (OHL) (Friend of the show, attended developmental camp this last summer)
-Christian Kirsch, G (U20-Elit)
-Ilya Nabokov, G (KHL)
-Lucas Van Vliet, LW (USNTDP)
-Paul Meyer, LD (DEL)
-Sam McCue, LW (OHL)
-Brendan McMorrow, LW (USNTDP)
-Mac Swanson, C (USHL)
-Noa Vali, G (Liiga)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Poor drafting and trading all the picks is kind of why they have no depth right now.

Plus, you can find depth players easily at the deadline. MacFarland farted and got two fourth liners in a span of 30 minutes this year.
CMac got 2 of the better bottom 6 players at the deadline and they did jack all. I really like Bednar, but his inability to be flexible to the player's he's given is starting to get old. Trenin and Duhaine were ineffective because he neutered what those 2 do best.

So the list of depth player's that actually fit Bednar's system is pretty low.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Well I certainly wouldn’t call Duhaime one of the better ones, but Trenin was.
I felt like Duhaime was really starting to click a bit in the regular season then fell apart in the playoffs; whereas I was not impressed with Yakov until the playoffs started and then I don't know if he turned a switch or something inside my head just clicked but I thought he was really good in the playoffs. Like I'd like to see him around against next season good, but I doubt we've got the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad