WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The biggest fear and probably also the biggest risk is relying on the same core for another two years and then after 26 coping with (international) retirment of a whole offensive core.
Corvi, Haas, Andrighetto, Simion, Herzog, Ambühl, Scherwey, Bertschy, Hofmann, Senteler, Richard, Nino won't probably be around much longer. And the guys who could suceed them are rare.

And you shouldn't forget, Haas played NHL, Andrighetto played NHL, Corvi could well have played NHL at his best times, also Hofmann. Bertschy had an AHL-stint with some NHL-games.

It's now time to think transformation and how to do that. Or 2027 will be pretty tough.

I'm much more optimistic on goalies, I think there are quite a few names around and I'm pretty sure one of them will end up as a good #1. Also D doesn't look that bad. Of course, Josi is a once in a lifetime talent. But with Muggli, Ustinkov, Zanetti, Meier, etc. there are quite a few names beside still younger guys like Siegenthaler, Moser, Glauser, Geisser, etc. who can step in. Baragano should play a WC, soon. Also Aebischer has an upside there. I still have hope for Karrer who is a very smart D-Men IMHO. And Berni.

And I agree with @Speyer. Fischer was the coach and you shouldn't overestimate his influence. The influence of Roman Josi was probably much bigger.

Reactions: SwissFan12

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
The biggest fear and probably also the biggest risk is relying on the same core for another two years and then after 26 coping with (international) retirment of a whole offensive core.
Corvi, Haas, Andrighetto, Simion, Herzog, Ambühl, Scherwey, Bertschy, Hofmann, Senteler, Richard, Nino won't probably be around much longer. And the guys who could suceed them are rare.

And you shouldn't forget, Haas played NHL, Andrighetto played NHL, Corvi could well have played NHL at his best times, also Hofmann. Bertschy had an AHL-stint with some NHL-games.

It's now time to think transformation and how to do that. Or 2027 will be pretty tough.

I'm much more optimistic on goalies, I think there are quite a few names around and I'm pretty sure one of them will end up as a good #1. Also D doesn't look that bad. Of course, Josi is a once in a lifetime talent. But with Muggli, Ustinkov, Zanetti, Meier, etc. there are quite a few names beside still younger guys like Siegenthaler, Moser, Glauser, Geisser, etc. who can step in. Baragano should play a WC, soon. Also Aebischer has an upside there. I still have hope for Karrer who is a very smart D-Men IMHO. And Berni.

And I agree with @Speyer. Fischer was the coach and you shouldn't overestimate his influence. The influence of Roman Josi was probably much bigger.

We need to take Bichsel in 2026. There is no logic behind such a long ban.

Since Fiala was banned 1 year for not coming on a WJC, I would be ok to ban Bichsel 2 years because he wasn't there for 2 WJC

So this year and next year

At least it is coherent

But not taking him at the olympics and the WHC at home would be really dumb (assuming he is gonna be a very solid D-man, which I think he will)

And yeah for Josi, I don't think it's a coincidence if the team looked that much more solid with him on the ice, he is a gifted player and a leader. And of course, all NHL player have been playing to their potential this year (Kurashev couldn't find his spot unfortunately)

That being said, we actually looked like a team playing with a game plan this time, I'll give that to Fischer

It's really tough to have 3 final lost but reaching the final again was still amazing

And yeah, we need to mention Bertschy now, he was amazing

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I mean Fiala,Meier,Suter are born in 1996 Siegenthaler in 1997 Hischier and Kurashev in 1999 Moser and Schmid in 2000 so 8 out of 10 NHL players are still (sometimes well) below thirty so we should have them around on this or even a higher level atleast until 2027/28 but as mentionend before most of our european guys are old tough. From this year only Glauser(96) and Jäger(98) are „younger“ players(Fora is 1995 but i don‘t want him anyway). As said before if drafted players like Berni,Geisser for example turn out to be top NL players who can impact a WC like Bertschy or Ambühl for example we have better chances of falling off as hard when that generation retiers. I hope that Simon Knak can turn out good aswell but i don‘t know if he will make it to the NHL he should be in the AHL by now IMO. Banning Bichsel is so stupid he‘ll probably play in the NHL by next season and will be even better in 2026 he really is the only swiss prospect rn for me that i see having a long succesfull NHL career(tough Muggli seems really promising). I think if some young players make good steps we could have some very good players out of europe but i don‘t really see that happening rn with 6 foreigners and the current NT generation in the NL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad