Player Discussion Stuart Skinner

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh the burden you carry.

There are few outright Skinner champions here and I’d like to see the poster who never ever says skinner was at fault. There are some, and at times that includes me who look at certain goals and say wait a minute, player x really screwed that one up in a bad way. It’s a team sport and there is some connection between goalie performance and the team and vice versa.

Conversely there are certain posters who won’t concede a single thing on a single goal and will say it was the goalies fault no matter what.

So the only real thing we can all agree on is I would hope this - the oilers are 2 games away from being in the Stanley cup finals. The closest they have been since 2006. Perhaps it’s in spite of Skinner, but he’s on the team and they will either advance together or get eliminated together.
Like and Agreed.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why don't you hang around the game day threads and see how quickly people defend him?
Goes both ways, bud. I've never said Skinner was a great goalie, and he's had plenty of bad moments. But some of the shit on here by some posters gets personal, and that kind of crap is surely not needed. He's not even supposed to be playing. This is supposed to be Campbells spot. But he is what we have and we sink or swim with him, so I choose to look at some positivity, rather than all the negativity that gets spouted on here by some posters. That isn't to say he gets a free pass, just that there are plenty of other things that go on in a game as well that can affect the outcome.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stu at home: .854 (8 games)

Stu on the road: .919 (7 games)

Is it possible that disbelief and pressures at home affects his mental sharpness?

Probably not, but on the off chance that there’s something there with this why don’t we just BELIEVEEEEEEE. A Cup is at Stake, and you all know a little belief won’t hurt you. It’s the least that Oil Country can do.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Goes both ways, bud. I've never said Skinner was a great goalie, and he's had plenty of bad moments. But some of the shit on here by some posters gets personal, and that kind of crap is surely not needed. He's not even supposed to be playing. This is supposed to be Campbells spot. But he is what we have and we sink or swim with him, so I choose to look at some positivity, rather than all the negativity that gets spouted on here by some posters. That isn't to say he gets a free pass, just that there are plenty of other things that go on in a game as well that can affect the outcome.
I’ll never understand posters who get upset with fans for supporting a player on our team. Just mind boggling.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Is it possible that disbelief and pressures at home affects his mental sharpness?

Probably not, but on the off chance that there’s something there with this why don’t we just BELIEVEEEEEEE. A Cup is at Stake, and you all know a little belief won’t hurt you. It’s the least that Oil Country can do.
I kinda think he's not great at home. I agree with your point regarding "mental focus"

A lot of it is also "puck luck"

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I've said it before on this board & I'll say it again, there are posters here who do not care if the team wins or loses.
They just want to claim they were right about something.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

We all know Wayne's quotes. I like a Micheal Jordan one "I expect them to all go in... why should I assume I'll miss a shot I haven't even taken?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad