OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
That reminds me of my days as a kid, walking the path along the river behind the parliament buildings. There were still a fair bit of floating logs down there back then (when the log driver's waltz was still relevant), and tied up in groups at various areas of the river. Kinda crazy that we haven't seen that around here in a good 40+ years now.
The more I get into woodworking and furniture making here, the more relevant the history of that industry becomes. I would have loved to have seen that.

I got into a house today that had millwork dating back to the OG lumber barons of Ottawa, just incredible work that's about to go through a big restoration. Hoping I can get some restoration work out of it, even if it's just a door or two.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Semi's, and other large fleet vehicles will go Hydrogen because it makes the most sense. Quick refueling and turn around.

The vast majority of people will be using an electric vehicle.

Hydrogen is currently a really expensive fuel source, and if everyone else is using battery based vehicles, you'll never get the infrastructure in place to refuel with hydrogen, except maybe for things like ships.
There should be some additional focus on industrial emissions as those are larger than all electrical grid and transportation (all modes/systems) combined. Super-hot intense heat is required by certain industries like forging steel or making cement. One solution is thermal batteries, which in part or in some cases has been called “hot rocks in a box”.

As for new forms of energy, nuclear fusion (unlike nuclear fission). They’ve been working on this in the National Ignition Facility at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California.

The two most obvious fuels are sunlight & wind. They are also a renewable energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad