How do you feel about the Wild's top 4 going into next season?

How do you feel about the Wild's top 4 going into next season?

• 1 - Strongly Dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Dislike

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 3 - Meh

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 4 - Like

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • 5 - Strongly Like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im not a dumba fan anymore, after his fight that broke his hand he was never the same and if i were gm i'd have made him and his 6 mill salary available during the expansion draft allowing us to keep haula and tuch plus free up cash. ps i still wish we had soucy on our 3rd pair.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
im not a dumba fan anymore, after his fight that broke his hand he was never the same and if i were gm i'd have made him and his 6 mill salary available during the expansion draft allowing us to keep haula and tuch plus free up cash. ps i still wish we had soucy on our 3rd pair.
He tore his pec in the fight, not a broken hand.

He also didn't have a $6M salary during the LV expansion draft. He signed that contract the next summer, after a 14 goal, 50 point 23 year old season. He only had a $2.55M cap hit in the summer of 2017.

Reactions: TaLoN

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I think you overestimate him. The Wild tried, multiple times, over a few seasons and couldn't trade him. And was by all rights a flop in Arizona. From there they had to package him with a low pick to just get a 5th from Tampa. 18 games, 5 points and a -5 there by regular seasons end. Then drops no points and -2 in the playoffs. I don't think the Wild missed out on anything not having him here.
I was thinking more of Dumba's effect with his teammates and locker room presence, not on-ice. Because agreed, I haven't been impressed with Dumba on-ice game since his Tkachuk scrum a few years back.
I believe Dumba was a key contributor to keeping their heads in the game when things start going sideways. It certainly appeared as an outsider that while Spurgeon is the Captain, the locker room was Dumba's. He was the leader of the dreaded intangibles.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Dumbs showed up when it counted too. We should sign him back here if he will take 3rd pairing money. His heart was here and he left it all on the ice at least.

I was ok with losing dumba if it meant keeping Fiala. I was not ok with losing Dumba because Guerin chose Goligoski , Merril , Fluery , Greenway and all the other plugs this team is inundated with over him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was thinking more of Dumba's effect with his teammates and locker room presence, not on-ice. Because agreed, I haven't been impressed with Dumba on-ice game since his Tkachuk scrum a few years back.
I believe Dumba was a key contributor to keeping their heads in the game when things start going sideways. It certainly appeared as an outsider that while Spurgeon is the Captain, the locker room was Dumba's. He was the leader of the dreaded intangibles.

I'm basing this on comments made by the players/coaches the last few years.
I think the pregame team was Dumba's. On ice it was Foligno's. During Intermission's it was a mix of Foligno, Dumba, and a couple other outspoken vets. I don't really know where/how Spurgeon fit in other than some holiday party stuff. Not much was really said about him other than making the phone calls to welcome new players and the rest of the team liked him.

This year the team was JEE's on ice. Kap is fine with an "A" he gives the team the boosts with his play, but he doesn't seem to be very outspoken.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I feel good! Thank you for asking!
Been outside today and took a walk, drinking lots of water. Have plans to go to San Diego this weekend with a work friend.

Hopefully our top-4 feels just as good :nod:!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad