Helldivers II

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Its crazy how bad the devs killed this game. Nerfed every gun that isnt trash, nerfed premium/battle pass weapons, theyve admitted they playtest the game on easy, they constantly release bugged weapons, its gotten so bad the CEO has stepped down to return to full time development role.

Its not even that theres no content. Its that all the content is trash or bugged, and when they do release something good, they make sure to patch it so that it sucks as bad as everything else.

Its crazy that theres mechs in this game and theyre so trash that you never see anybody use them even at low level play.

Im horrible with all of these except the autocannon, so this doesn't really help me, lol.
They certainly have fumbled the ball. The game is still a lot of fun, but maybe it'll turn into an acquired taste over time.

What's your definition of suck? Honestly, I am not good at video games at all (range between average and trash), and can be an asset on most teams. Not the premiere player by any means (never am in other games, anyways), but I can use multiple loadouts and help the squad while having fun. So, I'm always a bit perplexed that a mediocre gamer like me can use multiple guns while guys on Reddit who are much better gamers than me struggle with stuff, or is it just they can completely dominate with one weapon, so they dont want to downgrade to another weapon even if they can still a good player and have fun? There is definitely balancing issues with the weapons afterall.

Take the arc thrower for example. It's a very easy weapon to use. You dont need to be accurate (big plus for me, haha), it shocks through hordes of enemies, slows them down, etc...It even does damage to hulks. It's an awesome weapon in my book, but people rarely use it becaue the AC is better. That doesnt change the fact you can lay the smackdown and help your team tons by using an arc thrower.

I'll be honest, though, my options are more limited against Automatons. I cant use a flamethrower, SMGs or Stalwart against bots.

Reddit kills me, though. Many of those players have a 100 + hours on the game and are still grinding. The best thing they can do is take a break. If youre already resentful toward something, then youre going to nitpick the hell out of it if youre still sinking so much time into it.

So, yeah, the devs need to do better, but I think some players are pretty harsh. There are balancing issues in regards to weapons, but if a grunt like me can find different loadouts to use, then honestly- damn near anyone should be able to. Perhaps some players shouldn't push themselves so much, either. The game is supposed to be mindless fun. Some players may find it more fun going down a level. Level 8 and up is supposed to be HARD!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad