Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've posted several spreadsheets with different rosters. Here is one that I posted before that is close to what you’ve mentioned, but I’ve added a RD and moved Forsberg and replaced him with Brossoit. I have no idea if these have an impact or if people even look at them.

View attachment 878310
Are you accepting for the 850k in cap overages from Sanderson's performance bonuses?

Also, Cap friendly now has next year's cap at 87.7 so that's a little bit of help.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Hopefully there is more than a 125k left on cap going into the season,
Ie. what about short term injuries.
Agreed. The cap is $87.7 m next year, so there’s a bit more than $125 k though. But, the total is tight.

Most of the time, the spreadsheet consists of ideas from posters in here. I create multiple spreadsheets with different rosters to provide an idea of what certain rosters that are suggested would cost. There’s lot of ideas floating around in here, but only a subset of them provide complete rosters with salaries with everything included.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
1. Are you accepting for the 850k in cap overages from Sanderson's performance bonuses?

2. Also, Cap friendly now has next year's cap at 87.7 so that's a little bit of help.
1. No, I haven’t so far. I will include that in the next edition by creating an extra row. See below.

2. Yes, that’s true. I became aware of that a few weeks ago by looking at CapFriendly.

After generating a bunch of these spreadsheets, what I have noticed is that once you remove Chychrun and replace with a good, top 4 RD, remove Forsberg and replace with another goalie (hopefully one that is a capable 1b), and re-sign Pinto to a multi-year contract (versus a bridge), there isn’t much cap left over.

I try to be as realistic as possible with player salaries, although I think most are aware it isn’t an exact science. Its a least a good idea and pretty close to what a particular roster would cost based on the ideas floating around in here. And, at least its a complete roster.

1717280766524.png

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Agreed. The cap is $87.7 m next year, so there’s a bit more than $125 k though. But, the total is tight.

Most of the time, the spreadsheet consists of ideas from posters in here. I create multiple spreadsheets with different rosters to provide an idea of what certain rosters that are suggested would cost. There’s lot of ideas floating around in here, but only a subset of them provide complete rosters with salaries with everything included.
Oh ya was thinking 87.5 not 87.7, thanks. So 375k.
Also Sanderson has an overage of a 1 million I think, as it increased to 250k in 2021, or is Sanderson on the old number, so 850k?

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Edmonton needs to decide who they let go or keep out of
-Brown
-Carrick
-Foegele
-Henrique
-Gagner
-Janmark
-Perry

-Hoping if they can't re-sign Carrick or Brown, we sign em. Great for the 4th line, and Brown can move up throughout the lineup. After his playoffs, Brown might get a $1 million-$2 million deal on the open market, but another league minimum season with McDrai might get him a fatter paycheque.
We could use a 4th liner like Perry.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Cap friendly has it as 850, it's based on when they were drafted not when they earn it, from what I understand.
I thought it would be draft year or signing date of ELC. Didn’t think it would be the earning date.
Haven’t found anything definitive. Guess would need to re-read the MOU.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Reactions: Micklebot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad