Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
That 2012 run is locked in their heads. Or maybe they saw their beloved org Nashville get to the finals as a wildcard a few years ago and thought, yea thats how we’d like to be.
And for some reason the same set of "they almost missed the playoffs in 2012" folks don't remember that they actually almost won the division title that year.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
And for some reason the same set of "they almost missed the playoffs in 2012" folks don't remember that they actually almost won the division title that year.
And were among the hottest teams down the stretch run, with key players waking up at exactly the right time.

Oh, and Big Dick Quick also turning into prime Richter for a 4 year stretch.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's the offseason. Prepare for 4 more months of this.

On one hand I am prepared for a long slow offseason full of silly arguments

On another, I thought i blocked all the people that can’t or won’t understand there’s a spectrum between point A, “nothing we can do matters and the heat death of the universe is rapidly approaching so what was Blake supposed to do,” and point B, “what Blake has for breakfast will influence whether or not UFAs sign here,” but here we are talking about how nothing DL did was impactful and he just had a championship and WCF fall into his lap for three consecutive years

I by no means think I’m smarter than the average poster here but I can’t believe ten years later after seeing this #masterclass in contrast that anyone with a brain could still believe that there’s no real outcomes to one’s preparation, vision, and work.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
On one hand I am prepared for a long slow offseason full of silly arguments

On another, I thought i blocked all the people that can’t or won’t understand there’s a spectrum between point A, “nothing we can do matters and the heat death of the universe is rapidly approaching so what was Blake supposed to do,” and point B, “what Blake has for breakfast will influence whether or not UFAs sign here,” but here we are talking about how nothing DL did was impactful and he just had a championship and WCF fall into his lap for three consecutive years

I by no means think I’m smarter than the average poster here but I can’t believe ten years later after seeing this #masterclass in contrast that anyone with a brain could still believe that there’s no real outcomes to one’s preparation, vision, and work.
Embrace the suck bro, resistance is futile... Rewatch the Bluc media hour, read Hoven, bend the knee to pretense. Sports is no longer the surrogate for men at war. Those days are over.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And were among the hottest teams down the stretch run, with key players waking up at exactly the right time.

Oh, and Big Dick Quick also turning into prime Richter for a 4 year stretch.

The Kings were the best team in the league by every statistical metric from the trade deadline through the end of the season.

Only a very small handful of people seemed to realize that, and correctly predicted them to beat Vancouver.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
My top 10 free agents wish list: (I'm bored.)

1. Nikita Zadorov
2. Yakov Trenin
3. AJ Greer
4. Jake Debrusk
5. Brenden Dillon
6. Matt Martin
7. Patrick Maroon
8. Alec Martinez
9. Derek Forbort
10. Cal Clutterbuck
The list of free agents the Kings can actually afford, and have a chance of signing:

1. Trevor Lewis

That’s it. That’s the list.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
A bunch of old washed dudes, a handful of meh and a couple of guys set to be overpaid.
My top 10 free agents wish list: (I'm bored.)

1. Nikita Zadorov
2. Yakov Trenin
3. AJ Greer
4. Jake Debrusk
5. Brenden Dillon
6. Matt Martin
7. Patrick Maroon
8. Alec Martinez
9. Derek Forbort
10. Cal Clutterbuck

Reactions: KINGS17

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Zadorov has my vote for the guy who will get way more money and term than he should have. He is very physical, which I love, but he's getting to that age where physicality goes way down for most players. Think Lucic, Brown, Wilson, Phaneuf and so on. He's never been that good defensively in my opinion but he's put together a nice run with the Canucks which likely will tempt some GM into a massive contract they'll end up regretting.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Zadorov has my vote for the guy who will get way more money and term than he should have. He is very physical, which I love, but he's getting to that age where physicality goes way down for most players. Think Lucic, Brown, Wilson, Phaneuf and so on. He's never been that good defensively in my opinion but he's put together a nice run with the Canucks which likely will tempt some GM into a massive contract they'll end up regretting.
Cool. We sign him for 7 years then.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Based Kevin Fiala. If only he brought that energy to McDavid rather than some random plug who likely didn't deserve to get his knees blown out.

and yes everything goes back to Edmonton for me lol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Untitled-1.jpg
Since its public information, I think you'd be interested in seeing this. Check this out for comparison.

Pretty surprised they don't do any paid advertising.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 11.30.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 11.30.00 AM.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 11.33.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 11.33.27 AM.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: johnjm22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad