ESPN Report Blackhawks accused of fraud, breach of contract, sexual harassment

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
If the Corey Perry thing is upsetting to you then you’re just looking to be upset. That whole situation came out of absolutely nowhere and they handled it as close to perfect as you could expect. Get real.
Close to perfect? ...okay. This was a Tuesday breakfast in most of the big sports leagues and the Hawks let it blow up into nonsense.

I'm not and never said I'm upset.

The trust by so many for anybody not named Bowman over there is cultlike and amuzing. I'll stop calling it out since it seems to ruffle so many feathers.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
In 2024 people get upset just for the sake of saying they're upset. Whatever gets the most clicks, likes, follows, pats on the back etc.

We're living in the "everybody gets a trophy" age.

The movie 'Idiocracy' seems like it's a preview of the future.
Who's upset? Brawndo cooler empty?

Idiocracy is a good call, nuance, or just basic reading, is dead.

When Q made bad decisions, it was okay to call him out without wanting him fired. Danny made a bad hire, I didn't see anybody calling for him to sell and go to an island. I still want him as the owner because he spends, just want him to call an NBA or non Chicago NFL owner for a cleaning person referral.

But please, don't let me deter defense of the franchise's bad decisions.

• Haha

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Close to perfect? ...okay. This was a Tuesday breakfast in most of the big sports leagues and the Hawks let it blow up into nonsense.

I'm not and never said I'm upset.

The trust by so many for anybody not named Bowman over there is cultlike and amuzing. I'll stop calling it out since it seems to ruffle so many feathers.
So it’s some sort of organizational culture that allowed the Perry incident to happen? Not Perry himself?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
So it’s some sort of organizational culture that allowed the Perry incident to happen? Not Perry himself?
Perry's actions and culture are not what I'm talking about

I'm talking basic PR and hiring practices, they keep stepping in it since 2020.
  • Hiring the person above for the dumb disingenuous reason they hired her to begin with
  • Handling the Perry fallout (Not whether Perry did or didn't do anything)
  • Handling the Beach fallout
  • Handling the Pride night
  • Handling of lots of little nonsense where players are lost and deer in headlights in interviews.
  • Rocky lighting himself on fire with Laz
Most of this stuff shouldn't have happened or should have been far less sensational. They need help up there, they're leaning on too many newbies and it shows.

It doesn't change my opinion that Danny is a preferable owner and that the franchise shouldn't be trusted based on a rough decade and a half. Somebody screwed up signing Perry but several franchises could have easily signed him as well.

Multiple thoughts can be true at once.

• Haha

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Perry's actions and culture are not what I'm talking about

I'm talking basic PR and hiring practices, they keep stepping in it since 2020.
  • Hiring the person above for the dumb disingenuous reason they hired her to begin with
  • Handling the Perry fallout (Not whether Perry did or didn't do anything)
  • Handling the Beach fallout
  • Handling the Pride night
  • Handling of lots of little nonsense where players are lost and deer in headlights in interviews.
  • Rocky lighting himself on fire with Laz
Most of this stuff shouldn't have happened or should have been far less sensational. They need help up there, they're leaning on too many newbies and it shows.

It doesn't change my opinion that Danny is a preferable owner and that the franchise shouldn't be trusted based on a rough decade and a half. Somebody screwed up signing Perry but several franchises could have easily signed him as well.

Multiple thoughts can be true at once.
-Maybe it was a mistake to hire her but they had to do something to placate the vocal internet mob upset at the logo. The Hawks are a nearly $2Billion brand/organization and they did what needed to be done so they could secure the logo usage.

-How else should they have handled the Perry fallout? There was IIRC a week of lagtime between when he was removed from the team and when they released the details. Ultimately the result was fine, so the means in which they went about it shouldn't be criticized. They wanted to be thorough and decisive, i don't get faulting them for that.

-What specifically with the Beach fallout? Am I on the main boards right now??? The people responsible were let go from the organization. They likely don't re-sign Kane because of his infamous connection with the 2010 team, the same would more than likely be true for Toews if he were still able to play.

-Pride night was a league-wide compliation, not limited to the Blackhawks

-bad interviews? More specifics please. My bar for interview expectations from hockey players is pretty damn low

-Rocky's outburst was horrendous, no one disagrees with you. His son also took the reigns immediately after so what's your point?

Beach, Perry, and this woman's case are three very separate things. Perry could've done that on any team, not just the Hawks. We have a delicate situation with our logo for obvious reasons and it's led to a lot of unfortunate complications. Sorry man I think you're complaining just to complain here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The president or owner should have been taking that if they were serious.

That's kind of the point about taking it seriously, they have a bunch of newbies making decisions. Hire some pros to make the decisions.
You’re wrong. Maybe you should hire someone to review your posts.
The GM is the perfect level to address what happened.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
You’re wrong. Maybe you should hire someone to review your posts.
The GM is the perfect level to address what happened.
Always send number 5 or lower in the hierarchy to spearhead the PR after one of the worst examples of enabling bad behavior in sports.

Got it. Perfect.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
-Maybe it was a mistake to hire her but they had to do something to placate the vocal internet mob upset at the logo. The Hawks are a nearly $2Billion brand/organization and they did what needed to be done so they could secure the logo usage.

-How else should they have handled the Perry fallout? There was IIRC a week of lagtime between when he was removed from the team and when they released the details. Ultimately the result was fine, so the means in which they went about it shouldn't be criticized. They wanted to be thorough and decisive, i don't get faulting them for that.

-What specifically with the Beach fallout? Am I on the main boards right now??? The people responsible were let go from the organization. They likely don't re-sign Kane because of his infamous connection with the 2010 team, the same would more than likely be true for Toews if he were still able to play.

-Pride night was a league-wide compliation, not limited to the Blackhawks

-bad interviews? More specifics please. My bar for interview expectations from hockey players is pretty damn low

-Rocky's outburst was horrendous, no one disagrees with you. His son also took the reigns immediately after so what's your point?

Beach, Perry, and this woman's case are three very separate things. Perry could've done that on any team, not just the Hawks. We have a delicate situation with our logo for obvious reasons and it's led to a lot of unfortunate complications. Sorry man I think you're complaining just to complain here.
I'm done with the Perry thing, pride night, and Beach thing. They're all related looking from 50,000'. Outside of a large % of hardcore hockey and Hawks fans, almost nobody thinks they've been nailing the PR.

Rocky lighting himself on fire was exactly the point, ownership and management think they "got" things they don't "got". The native american PR thing has been wholly unnecessary since Rocky took over. It had already been exposed as being a joke, and it should have been dropped. Danny kept it going on bad advice or questionable personal decision making or whatever and now there's another clown show. Should have just done the envelopes of cash under the table, would have been more respectable.

Not sure why so many believe Blackhawks are magical unicorns of competent professional management because so many slobbering media who make their living off of promoting sports said they're "great" and "different now" with nothing more than self-interested quotes from franchise employees to validate those assertions.

Playing off of what Gretzky said on TBS a few years ago, If you're a parent and your kid is going for an internship, unless you're blind to what's gone on or a jock sniffing hockey/sports fan, you're not recommending your kid works there. They need some PR help or managerial help to navigate the inevitable drama that comes with the professional sports/entertainment product.

I don't want Danny to sell, he spends to lose so I confidently believe he'll spend to win so I'll take him.
The reason I even bring it up is that the business stuff eventually and inevitably overlaps or supercedes hockey ops, so I want that part to do better.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'm done with the Perry thing, pride night, and Beach thing. They're all related looking from 50,000'. Outside of a large % of hardcore hockey and Hawks fans, almost nobody thinks they've been nailing the PR.

Rocky lighting himself on fire was exactly the point, ownership and management think they "got" things they don't "got". The native american PR thing has been wholly unnecessary since Rocky took over. It had already been exposed as being a joke, and it should have been dropped. Danny kept it going on bad advice or questionable personal decision making or whatever and now there's another clown show. Should have just done the envelopes of cash under the table, would have been more respectable.

Not sure why so many believe Blackhawks are magical unicorns of competent professional management because so many slobbering media who make their living off of promoting sports said they're "great" and "different now" with nothing more than self-interested quotes from franchise employees to validate those assertions.

Playing off of what Gretzky said on TBS a few years ago, If you're a parent and your kid is going for an internship, unless you're blind to what's gone on or a jock sniffing hockey/sports fan, you're not recommending your kid works there. They need some PR help or managerial help to navigate the inevitable drama that comes with the professional sports/entertainment product.

I don't want Danny to sell, he spends to lose so I confidently believe he'll spend to win so I'll take him.
The reason I even bring it up is that the business stuff eventually and inevitably overlaps or supercedes hockey ops, so I want that part to do better.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad