Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
If it’ll get me a spot in an nhl promo commercial, I’ll do it.
It could be my big break :sarcasm:

“someone threw a live one! Well, it wasn’t ‘live’....but it was real!!”
-Jaromir Jagr 1996

Lolollololol “7 seconds”.
They would’ve hit him on that play if they weren’t either mesmerized or already twisted into a knot.

Ask Timo Meier what happens when you have your head down against the Rangers in the playoffs

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Legitimate Rangers fans aren't pumping our own tires. To be fair they won the president's trophy and won their first 7 playoff games. They made relatively easy work of a Carolina team that was considered to be a cup favorite. Had they not taken their foot off the gas being up 3-0 that series would have been over in 5.

Whatever hype they've generated is legit. They've done this with Adam Fox playing obviously injured and a shell of his former self.

That being said, the Panthers were always the team I wanted to face the least. Them and the Rangers are very obviously the 2 best teams in the East regardless of who made it to the ECF; I think they're both better than anything still standing in the West
Tbf you personally were visiting the Boston Florida thread after the 2nd game vs Carolina saying it was but a formality. If Carolina had anything close to Bobrovsky in net, that series would have been a toss up at best.

I expect 7.

Reactions: Laus723

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Tbf you personally were visiting the Boston Florida thread after the 2nd game vs Carolina saying it was but a formality. If Carolina had anything close to Bobrovsky in net, that series would have been a toss up at best.

I expect 7.

Definitely agree, but the goalie is part of the team and the dollars you allocate to the position matter; it's easy to say in a vacuum that if they had a better goalie that series would be a toss up (and it would have been). But then you also have to account for the $10M in cap space they wouldn't have (or whatever the difference is between Bob and Freddy) and start plucking pieces off their roster that wouldn't fit under the cap.

You are correct, this will not be a short series unless something ridiculous happens and some key player gets hurt.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Ask Marchand what happens when you keep your head UP.

The Rangers are not as physical as the Bruins no matter how you want to spin it.

Bos/Fla had double the combined hits of the NYR/CAR series. This will be a factor.

Oh dude. I would not use that as a flex that your team is physical. That was an atrocious cheap shot that should've had a lengthy suspension tacked on to it and the league absolutely fumbled the bag. And I despise Boston

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Oh dude. I would not use that as a flex that your team is physical. That was an atrocious cheap shot that should've had a lengthy suspension tacked on to it and the league absolutely fumbled the bag. And I despise Boston
Right, just like Trouba is some kind of physical specimen that the Panthers have never faced before.

If there is an edge physically for the series, it goes to the Panthers.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Right, just like Trouba is some kind of physical specimen that the Panthers have never faced before.

If there is an edge physically for the series, it goes to the Panthers.
Rangers aren't some pushover team tho. They can fight back too. I don't think that is going to be the difference. I think discipline will be key because both teams have good power plays and can beat you that way. Goaltending is going to need to be really good in the ecf to move on.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Rangers aren't some pushover team tho. They can fight back too. I don't think that is going to be the difference. I think discipline will be key because both teams have good power plays and can beat you that way. Goaltending is going to need to be really good in the ecf to move on.
The longer the series goes the more of a factor it will be, we will need that Rangers D to be hearing footsteps, the Panthers will need to keep the special teams battle close to even and the Rangers PP is as potent as TBs was. I don't think we get as much credit as we deserve for our PK.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Man you speak like a amsteur. High end talent has nothing to do with scoring especially in Hockey. The Panthers from top to bottom is considered by most pundits to have the most talent in the NHL that’s a fact that’s what most are saying.

Most who? I see a few straggler Panther and Rangers fans saying it. Mostly what I've seen, from a strong majority of both fanbases, is these are two good teams meeting up and they expect a tight series. Regardless of the outcome, we should be treated to some real good hockey.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Panthers have better top end talent and Rangers have nobody like Barkov. Special teams will be a factor but Florida's bottom 6 depth highly outmatches the Rangers and that will win them the series.

Rangers haven't even been tested these playoffs. This is going to be a real wake up call for them.

Or it could be a wake up call for Florida.

We shall see.

• Haha
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Money line:

New York Rangers -102

Florida Panthers -118

Honestly, that looks about right. I would consider Florida a slight favorite. Pedigree of going to the Finals last year warrants that. Now, it comes down to playing the games. I think it's gonna be a damn fun series to watch.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Most who? I see a few straggler Panther and Rangers fans saying it. Mostly what I've seen, from a strong majority of both fanbases, is these are two good teams meeting up and they expect a tight series. Regardless of the outcome, we should be treated to some real good hockey.
It’s like goalies or refs....multiple brilliant saves or proper calls are all ignored or forgotten. The one stinky goal or call attracts all the notice and become exaggerated.
:dunno:

Reactions: TheWrongWay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad