Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Here's my theory. Maurice has likely drummed it into the Panthers players heads- "The Rangers power play is deadly! You guys led the league in penalties. Don't take dumb penalties".

Maybe not wanting to take penalties will make the Panthers slightly less aggressive. Maybe.
This is the main reason why it's important to have a deadly PP. It discourages any funny business against you. Fingers crossed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I feel like it’s premature to call Fox’s demise after a few “weak” games against Carolina. He still had a few good games in the series and he had a slow start after returning from his injury in the regular season. He has been the best defenseman in the league in aggregate the past 4 years - don’t care what they say about Makar.

The reality is we can move the goalposts to make anyone look better or worse. Panarin outscored the leading scorer in Florida by 26 points. By that logic he’s easily the best forward in this series. If we want to switch it to playoff Panarin than we can’t use Barkov’s body of work for his career as the benchmark, etc.

It comes out in the wash in the end. I don’t think we’re out skilled by Florida. I don’t think Carolina is either really.

Edit: meant to quote you and another poster but this website is a disaster on a cellphone. You catch my drift. ;)

I think it's entirely fair to say that there top guys are better than our top guys collectively.

That doesn't really mean much though. Dallas has won 2 series already where that was the case and they're going to roll through a 3rd where the other teams top guys are the best player in the league and one of the best playoff players of all time.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up….

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad