OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The lawsuit alleges the Jaguars committed gross negligence by failing to properly hire McManus, train him about inappropriate and sexual contact with flight staff, supervise him on the flight, adopt policies and procedures to protect flight staff from sexual misconduct by employees, and enforcing a zero-tolerance policy regarding inappropriate behavior.

Its the Jags job to teach McManus that the flight attendants are not strippers?
I would be fine getting rid of this dude. This is not the culture we want after getting rid of Dan and his cheerleader up skirts.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The lawsuit alleges the Jaguars committed gross negligence by failing to properly hire McManus, train him about inappropriate and sexual contact with flight staff, supervise him on the flight, adopt policies and procedures to protect flight staff from sexual misconduct by employees, and enforcing a zero-tolerance policy regarding inappropriate behavior.

Its the Jags job to teach McManus that the flight attendants are not strippers?
I would be fine getting rid of this dude. This is not the culture we want after getting rid of Dan and his cheerleader up skirts.
Seems like a very Snydery situation.

It also seems like the lawyers are doing the typical cash grab from the top down. In order to milk the Jags (and maybe the NFL) they'll try to wrap all this around the Jags HR spokes and see if they can leverage a settlement, imo.

Not saying this guy is innocent or guilty, I have no idea. But that's what this argument appears to be about.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I trust Peters and company will make the right call after they conduct their investigation and get more information. He should without a doubt be cut if there’s legs to this but if there’s credibility and a legitimate crime took place, which is what they are alleging, why weren’t criminal charges pressed? Legitimate question to any lawyers who might be on this board, not trying to victim shame here.

The last thing this organization needs or should tolerate to start off the new regime are allegations of brushing aside sexual harassment given the douchebaggery that Snyder allowed but I think an investigation should be allowed to take place before McManus gets labeled as a predator and sees his career ended.

Funny side note: I did not get a spelling mistake notification for douchebaggery so maybe that’s an actual word? Awesome, if true.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I trust Peters and company will make the right call after they conduct their investigation and get more information. He should without a doubt be cut if there’s legs to this but if there’s credibility and a legitimate crime took place, which is what they are alleging, why weren’t criminal charges pressed? Legitimate question to any lawyers who might be on this board, not trying to victim shame here.

The last thing this organization needs or should tolerate to start off the new regime are allegations of brushing aside sexual harassment given the douchebaggery that Snyder allowed but I think an investigation should be allowed to take place before McManus gets labeled as a predator and sees his career ended.

Funny side note: I did not get a spelling mistake notification for douchebaggery so maybe that’s an actual word? Awesome, if true.
The accuser can certainly ask for one, but it is up to the prosecutor as to whether or not they want to bring charges. In “he said/she said” cases, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is very difficult (absent some other evidence), so prosecutors are reticent to push for charges.

Ultimately, these accusers get more redress in civil court where they can get $, in a forum where the standard is only preponderance of the evidence (essentially > 50% probability). Many accusers don’t even want to really cooperate with the authorities in a criminal inquiry, (in the US, the 6th Amend. generally requires them to testify) - so they’d rather go this route and get a nice (sealed) settlement.
Here, I tried to answer the same question last night (in the most general sense).

I should add (after seeing the actual allegations today) that under FL criminal law, the alleged conduct might not rise to the level that’s required. Or it would just be difficult to get a grand jury to indict. Also, civil court allows them to simultaneously go after the Jags for negligence (I doubt the org would have any criminal exposure here). Just speculation ofc - I’m not at all familiar with FL laws on the subject.

Keep in mind that DeShaun Watson was never indicted, and the allegations against him were worse imho.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

If this guy was an All Pro, or a life long Redskins/Commanders guy, I could understand giving him the benefit of the doubt. But there were only 6 full time NFL kickers who were worse than him last year and one of them was Joey SLye. He's every bit as replaceable as the team waterboy. He was a bad signing across mutliple levels.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If this guy was an All Pro, or a life long Redskins/Commanders guy, I could understand giving him the benefit of the doubt. But there were only 6 full time NFL kickers who were worse than him last year and one of them was Joey SLye. He's every bit as replaceable as the team waterboy. He was a bad signing across mutliple levels.
All fair points.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Strongly in the "cut McManus" camp. You don't change the culture by hanging on to guys who have sexual assault/harassment/assholery stink about them.

I will fully admit that my thinking is also influenced by watching "The Flight From Hell" episode of "Dark Side of Wrestling" and being the father of daughters. The intimidation of women in a closed, exit-less, testosterone-filled setting is a galling concept. And while the behavior in question might not rise to the level of "illegal," if it it rises to the level of "if you attempted that shit on my daughter in front of me, they couldn't peel me off you with kerosene and a lighter," then it's a fire-able offense.

So while the lack of prosecution might seem like a flag to some, I would offer the lack of witnesses speaking out on his behalf as the last exhibit on behalf of the "get that mother****** out of here" crew.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’ve got 2 girls myself (plus a little guy), and thankfully, I haven’t watched the stuff that you have spoken to.

I don’t need it, I can imagine enough crappy stuff myself!

McAnus — I hate to bury someone before things actually come out — but I also hate stupid people that do stupid things. Especially those of “privilege” that do it “in public”. And yes, a flight full of 100+ ppl is “in public”.

Idiot kicker obv did something. I kind of think it doesn’t matter. Whatever it was, he’s not worth protecting or waiting for the end results.

I am 54, have had plenty to drink and done way too many drugs. I’ve been off kilter plenty of times. And I’ve never subjected a woman to the shit they talk about here. There is no excuse. Assuming it’s true.

But that said, idiot kicker did enough to warrant this accusation.

Shit — If you sit happily in your seat and watch a movie or 3x or play cards with the fellas, you aren’t being accused of this stuff.

Cut McAnus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad