Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Huh? Did I accuse you of that? Where do you see that?

I said that I try to see things from both sides. I didnt say a goddamn thing about how you see them

I think you're "tapping out" because you took a little look through my posting history and couldn't find anything that resembles what you accused me of. If you're not at least gonna try, then take back your accusations about how I think and what I post
I was driving from dawson creek to fort nelson - I can assure you i did not scroll your history

I said you've lost sight of how your posts appear... they used to be balanced and they be become reactionary against a basically imaginary 'them'

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So how did we finish 4th in the league? Certainly qualifies as "top" in my opinion, considering that there are 32 teams.

My point all season is that we just don't have a centre good enough to go best on best with teams and come out on top more often than not. They've had to get creative with ways to win without an elite centre and very average (to be nice) defense. I think they tried to take some of the heavy lifting off of Schief's plate and give it to Lowry with the hope that it would create soft matchips for the 2nd line and Schief to exploit when they didn't have to be out there vs teams best

It's sad that I have to state this again, but for the record I don't agree or disagree with that approach. It is what it is, and to me it explains the choices they made. Would they have been better off putting Ehlers and Schief out there together vs other teams best night in and night out? It's of course possible, but we'll never know
I'd just note that a key reason that the Jets were 4th overall was the great play of Hellebuyck and Brossoit. Between the two goalies, the Jets had an estimated 9.5 wins above replacement. That's tops in the league, above Swayman and Ullmark.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Spat my coffee out. What a f***n tangent to what Whileee was saying.

🤣
Yah, my point wasn't to slag the Jets so much, but to note that their second half decline might have been related to disrupting a very good top 6 that was playing Bowness' 5v5 system to perfection. I think better line combos could have improved their shot metrics and maybe improved their playoff performance somewhat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad