Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sorry, but a tap to the ribs or legs is not the equivalent of having your neck snapped back that hard. This type of thing isn’t good for any team.

It’s a dangerous play.
I want to win as much as anyone but even as a Canuck fan i didn't like seeing it and a fine is fair given the player and result. It wasn't intentional though. (him getting bent over like that and stick in the face)

Zadorov came in to give him a shot when he turned and saw McDavid 2 hand chop Soucy. The two cross checks effects were more about unfortunate timing after McDavid engaged in that kind of action than being malicious.

As i mentioned before. Nurse targeting Pettersson's head and Kane slew footing Hughes were worse plays as it's not like either had done anything other than play hockey.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Why do all Nucks fans ignore the fact that McDavid slash is a reaction to the Soucy shovel after the wistle? And why do you guys find acceptable that two guys jump on McD at the same time?

Take a guess:)

As a neutral fan, im enjoying the drama and so far the Canucks are the better team but the Oilers have the two best players. Unfortunately if those two aren't on the ice nothing happens for Edmonton.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
It was a series of events that led to Soucy's crosscheck that hit McDavid's neck or face. I don't think he intentionally went for his face, but still it will be considered a reckless play and he will likely be suspended a game.

But one of the scummiest plays in hockey is the slew foot. There is a reason NHL players absolutely hate it and don't respect it.

Its a heated playoff series, things are going to happen. No one is taking more abuse than Quinn Hughes, Including a stick hack in the face from Connor McDavid that was in no way a follow through that cut him. None of the abuse on Hughes, including the 2 slew foots have even been called. A stick to Hoglander's nuts when he was leaving the ice wasn't called either.

The best series always have some animosity and nastiness. Stuff is going to happen.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Lol, it ain't that serious....
At the end of the day, none of this is that serious - this message board is all just good fun (or it should be anyways). If my favourite team wins, great. If they lose, well, that sucks, but it has absolutely zero impact on my life.

Unfortunately, there's a few too many fans on both sides that forget that.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Yes, that should have been a 4 minute PP. High sticks do not typically lead to suspensions, unless it is intentional or leads to injury . Cross-checks to the face, "accidental" or not, lead to injury most of the times.
I agree, it should not have been a suspension but an in-game penalty, and I do anticipate a game suspension for Soucy, or at least the most hefty fine. My concern with the non-calls against McDavid and a few others was that it would lead to players taking things into their own hands.

I think the DoPS makes an example of Soucy, mainly because it was after the whistle and because it was McDavid. I don't think that is totally fair given the tenor of this series, but retaliation usually gets punished.

It was a series of events that led to Soucy's crosscheck that hit McDavid's neck or face. I don't think he intentionally went for his face, but still it will be considered a reckless play and he will likely be suspended a game.

But one of the scummiest plays in hockey is the slew foot. There is a reason NHL players absolutely hate it and don't respect it.

Its a heated playoff series, things are going to happen. No one is taking more abuse than Quinn Hughes, Including a stick hack in the face from Connor McDavid that was in no way a follow through that cut him. None of the abuse on Hughes, including the 2 slew foots have even been called. A stick to Hoglander's nuts when he was leaving the ice wasn't called either.

The best series always have some animosity and nastiness. Stuff is going to happen.
Only quibble is that the groin slash on Hoglander was called a penalty, just wasn't considered for any supplemental discipline.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

It's actually cringe. Perron was evil for cross checking Zub, and rightfully so. He deserved whatever they decided to give him. It was a really bad display on an innocent bystander.
But you guys are like lol look at this awesome thing that happened. So weird.

Edit: I understand the difference between the plays, but never once condoned the action. Some wings fans tried to justify it and I get that it was a bad look but it was more that Larkin looked dead moreso than anything. Cross checks to the head are bad.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The slash was a reactionary retaliation as he's fall back from the shove and catching his balance. I think its pretty obvious why he didn't go back at him and shove him because he wasn't trying to even engage with a much bigger guy than him, but reactively responded to be being shoved. A nothing swing at a well protected leg isn't reckless. How this concept is going over your head is mindboggling.

Sorry, but a cross check to the face is as dirty as it gets even if the intent wasn't there. If you disagree you've never played the sport.

Yeah it probably was just like the shove was unnecessary, but it wasn't malicious. Soucy slashed him right back and that should have been the end of it. McDavid wasn't even coming back at him when Soucy decided to deliver a 3rd blow with the cross check.
I think sucker punches, slewfoots, and nut checks are dirtier than a cross check that was aimed at the chest. If you disagree, you clearly never played the sport. But thanks to McWhiner, a crosscheck is suspendable while literally nothing else is! I guess someone should just chop McWhiner's nuts off, fair game.

The original slash wasn't because he lost his balance lmao. It was a light shove, that happens 100x per playoff game. Delusional take.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He hit him in the ****ing face on his way down from a cross check to his spine. You can see the impact and how brutally his neck extends.

Any basic understanding of anatomy and you’d know it’s a dangerous play to the face, neck and spine - one that can cause long-term damage to anyone.

And your examples are trash when you’re comparing intent without anything happening vs not - or acting like minors are anything more than they are.
The intent is benign. It's a scrum. A scrum that Mcbaby escalates. It's an unfortunate outcome, sure.

The other incidents I mentioned have far more malicious intent. That is simply a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad