UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Somers isn’t back, not sure on King but I know he’s in town because he skates after my pickup ice time on Mondays lol.

I know Nurse , Landry and Keating were all in their 4th year of school as was Carson so he’s probably not back unless he’s doing more schooling .
So they will probably looking for two goalies then…can see another Somers type of guy for the 3rd…primarily junior A guy with some CHL experience

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I imagine, ever since Matt Davis had to step out of the Commercial Gents league to play they’ve had someone (Waye , Lee-Knight , Somers)
Once burned ... you're right, Gardiner from then on tried to have an active 3rd goalie who practiced with the team. Usually he's lucked into a former JrA goalie who was attending UNB, and didn't get picked up by a USports team.

I assume King will want to finish his Masters.

Reactions: 902RedIslander

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
USPORTS players in the ECHL Finals.

Florida Everblades
  • Evan Cormier, Guelph
  • Aidan Sutter, Calgary
  • Isaac Nurse, UNB
  • Jake Bricknell, UOIT
  • Jimmy Soper, Laurier
  • Jordan Sambrook, Brock
  • Andrew Fyten, MRU
  • Kyle Neuber, Guelph
  • Brett Davis, Manitoba
vs
Mavericks
  • Bradley Schoonbaert, Calgary
----

Adirondack (East Finalist) lost best of 7, 4-2 to Florida
  • Jackson van de Leest, Dal
  • Connor Blake, MRU
  • Darian Skeoch, Carleton
Toledo (East Finalist) lost best of 7, 4-2 to KC Mavericks
  • Cole Cameron, Guelph
  • Darian Pilon, UPEI
  • Brady Gilmour, UNB
  • Jason Willms, UNB
  • Riley Sawchuk, MRU

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I was talking to a guy this morning who has some "sources" and he said that Gards is getting 400 K at Moncton.

The Wildcat thread on QMJHL chat had posted that he was 1 Mil for 4 years.

250K sounds more reasonable.

Can anyone add to this?

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
I was talking to a guy this morning who has some "sources" and he said that Gards is getting 400 K at Moncton.

Can anyone add to this?

Only thing I'll add is having been around the Wildcats organisation a long time, there has never been any salaries out in the public. If the correct # is floating around it's pure luck. Irving doesn't discuss salaries with anyone but the person and nothing has ever been made public.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com

Can anyone add to this?
I don't know anymore than anyone else, but this makes sense - $1M over 4 years with a bonus if they win a title. You can't give up the house on a 'rookie', despite his success - he's still a rookie in this league (longer season, longer travel, etc), but with a great upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad