UPDATE : Trois-Rivières Lions are still alive with a potential new owner. Newfoundland Growlers are FOLDING!

Martin Veillette

Feb 19, 2019
Faith of both teams with the same owner will be decided at the league meetings next week.
Teams may fold next tuesday

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Guy commenting on the Inside the Rink article getting the ECHL confused with the FPHL. I'm not saying the ECHL pays good, but at least there is some money to be had.

I am not suprised there in not allot more of these AA teams folding. Shame its all about the owners making money off theses poor “I’ve got no job now, played for no money in the ECHL for to many years.” Most players make about the same as a McDonalds employee, and spend hundreds of hours on buses and crappy hotels. Glad to see this happening!!!

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Time for the ECHL to tear a page from the tattered FHL hockey business strategy manual: the League takes ownership of the TR & Newfoundland franchises, makes each of them a traveling team for the remainder of the season (making sure neither club makes the playoffs because the optics would be blinding), then quietly liquidates the two businesses & proceeds as if they never existed. If the Fed can pull it off, the E can certainly do it. :popcorn:

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Time for the ECHL to tear a page from the tattered FHL hockey business strategy manual: the League takes ownership of the TR & Newfoundland franchises, makes each of them a traveling team for the remainder of the season (making sure neither club makes the playoffs because the optics would be blinding), then quietly liquidates the two businesses & proceeds as if they never existed. If the Fed can pull it off, the E can certainly do it. :popcorn:
I mean, the ECHL already pretends teams that folded mid-season never happened in the record books.

The problem is that they just don't want to have to manage two teams, even if it's just to get them to the finish line. They'll pay the players, but they don't want to deal with the logistics.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Didn’t see any sign of struggling for lions when I saw them play Norfolk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad