The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Same reason USA wants RAW at 3 hours even though it's harmful for the rating and the product... Broadcasters need content badly, and pro wrestling is relatively cheap on the broadcaster's end.

But it's a case they doing the Collison and Rampage back to back I assume during NBA/NHL playoff time.

I would just air Rampage on Fridays before or after the games to split it up

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't get why TBS/TNT are airing these shows back to back, they basically are going to tire out the audience. AEW really needs to cut down the hours of programming each week(by at least 1 hour). At worse they could dedicate the Friday Night show to Women(ratings can't do much worse at this point)
Keeps getting preempted for NBA and NHL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get that, but they still don't have to air them back to back
There’s no other real time to do it. You’re asking the audience to watch the show that doesn’t start until 10pm on a day (if not time) other than its normal slot. May as well put it in when your audience is already there.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Best thing to happen would be Rampage becoming either women's centric or ROH but the network doesn't want that.

As I said above I don't think the ratings can get any worse if they changed Friday Nights(1 hr) to All Women. If I was TBS/TNT I would got o Tony and say make this hour all female and find somebody else to book/produce it to lighten your load.

I also don't get what they have against an ROH show. It's not like AEW has high brand reckonition and losing that title will hurt the show. Once again maybe do a sperate show and TNT can ask Tony to be hands off for the most part booking it

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
As I said above I don't think the ratings can get any worse if they changed Friday Nights(1 hr) to All Women. If I was TBS/TNT I would got o Tony and say make this hour all female and find somebody else to book/produce it to lighten your load.

I also don't get what they have against an ROH show. It's not like AEW has high brand reckonition and losing that title will hurt the show. Once again maybe do a sperate show and TNT can ask Tony to be hands off for the most part booking it

Could even just change the name from Rampage to AEW Ring of Honor or Ring of Honor presented by AEW or something. Rampage is no better, arguably worse than whats probably on ROH anyway.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1715877654880.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I read someone suggest that maybe having two touring shows instead of one is part of the attendance problem

They should have an advantage with WWE going abroad all the time now.

AEW seems to go to Canada a lot too, they just went Winnipeg-Edmonton-Vancouver.

Advance for next Saturday sounds like it’s awful too, and it’s the night before the PPV. On a holiday weekend.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I read someone suggest that maybe having two touring shows instead of one is part of the attendance problem

AEW really needs to start booking smaller arenas. Maybe if Tony wasn't the son of a billionaire he might worry about stuff like wasting money when you don't have to(larger arenas cost way more than small ones)

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Hopefully they get the message that Las Vegas isn't a good AEW market and certainly shouldn't be receiving PPVs. It had a couple good events but the past couple years have fallen off a cliff in terms of demand. Somewhat like AEW in general but probably worse than the average decline in attendance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To me it does seem like the introduction of collusion has spilt the live audience up. Dynamite was pretty consistent in averaging between 5-6K and has had a steady drop off since Collusion premiered.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To me it does seem like the introduction of collusion has spilt the live audience up. Dynamite was pretty consistent in averaging between 5-6K and has had a steady drop off since Collusion premiered.
They don’t run those shows in the same markets though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
NXT's YOY growth is really quite impressive. Especially when every other wrestling show has dropped or at best remained about even. 18-49 especially, they really have been making strides getting a younger audience in. CW is probably going to be happy about it.

Also Lyra vs Io being the peak ratings for raw this week warms my heart

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad