The most underrated defensemen in the NHL

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Who doesn't think Fox is a top 5 dman in the league? Unless you think he's the indisputable best in the league, there really isn't much room between how he's perceived and how good he really is
I don’t know I got into an argument on Reddit yesterday about Fox being an offensive defenseman. Maybe HFBoards stays ahead of the curve. I think Fox gets plenty of respect here.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Guys like Tanev and Ekholm are decidedly not underrated. Everyone knows who they are. Everyone knows they're defensive monsters.

By definition, the most underrated player is somebody really nobody mentions at all. I'll go with like Brett Kulak. Just does his job, gives them some solid minutes, and doesn't get outscored while letting EDM's big boys get a breather. About as much as you can ask of a 4/5D.

This. You literally cannot be "underrated" if many people think you're pretty good.
Ekholm's offensive game has always been underrated. His defensive game for sure isn't underrated. Heck in the later years of Nashville days, I'd argue his defensive game was overrated and despite being compared to the likes of Brodin and Tanev, his defensive game was clearly nowhere as good as those two. He's completely regained his defensive game again and his offensive game is criminally underrated since coming to Edmonton.

Reactions: voyageur

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
He’s not a #1 on a Cup team but he literally won the biggest prize in the game for a defenseman and is routinely a top 5 defenseman in the league?

That’s a take. Good chance it’ll be tested this year too.

Tested, proven... again. Forsling clears with his impact on D and O.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tested, proven... again. Forsling clears with his impact on D and O.
This has to be a literal joke.

He’s playing on some significant knee injury. You come here and try to say this after his team takes their worst position in the playoffs from 15 damn playoff games while your team has been on the golf course for at least three months.

You started a war you’re not going to like.

• Haha
Reactions: H3ckt1k

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016

He’s playing on some significant knee injury. You come here and try to say this after his team takes their worst position in the playoffs from 15 damn playoff games while your team has been on the golf course for at least three months.

Significant knee injury? He sure looks fine in the O zone.

Trust me, any NYR/NJD "war" you want I'm here for it.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Oh shit guys, the internet is serious business. Keyboard Pavel Buchnevich going hard at the Forsling stans, look out! Kendrick, where Kendrick at?

Oh, and it pains me to say it, but.. Heiskanen is real good. Better than Adam Faux or whatever claim led to this whole argument. I wanna type angrily too.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Harley and Forsling are both elite, but don't get the recognition in hockey circles that they deserve (although that is changing with Forsling).

• Love
Reactions: ORRFForever

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Seider is not perfect but he's being tasked with carrying an absolutely terrible defense and his overall game took a hit as a result. Give him a better defense and it would ease up the matchups for him and he would be dominant. I would think a lot of people didn't find him good this season hence why I think he's probably underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad