Prospect Info: The 2023-2024 Prospects Thread Pt. 3

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
it's an organizational ranking of u24s. hoglander is 23. tolopilo is 24

i think vancouver is better than that ranking indicates but i also think the nhl teams success overshadowed a pretty bad year for the system as a whole. only really lekkerimaki (and silovs) outperformed expectations. willander met expectations but podkolzin, raty, klimovich, ward and hirose all struggled. sasson, bains and mynio probably had the most optomistic years and none of them really project to be much. guys like pettersson and kudryavtsev might be something but we've barely even seen them in the ahl yet
Yeah, every teams prospect pool has 17 players that are depth. The difference between a 26th and a 12th place team is one very good player really. Brzustewicz is listed as a core player for Calgary's farm rankings there. Dustin Wolf looks great in the Ahl, just not in the NHL for their "A" for goalies. It takes one or two to outperform or under perform and the look of the club prospects pool changes drastically.

Reactions: credulous

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
it's an organizational ranking of u24s. hoglander is 23. tolopilo is 24

i think vancouver is better than that ranking indicates but i also think the nhl teams success overshadowed a pretty bad year for the system as a whole. only really lekkerimaki (and silovs) outperformed expectations. willander met expectations but podkolzin, raty, klimovich, ward and hirose all struggled. sasson, bains and mynio probably had the most optomistic years and none of them really project to be much. guys like pettersson and kudryavtsev might be something but we've barely even seen them in the ahl yet
I think having 2 guys in Lekk and Willander being on track to be impact players is pretty successful already nevermind the fact that we have some guys that are developing well for the bottom 6 role in Bains, Sasson and Raty. I don’t think that wouldn’t make our ranking that much higher, anyway this ranking feels pointless

Reactions: Chiripa20

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Nope that's my mistake I meant Mueller not Perkins.
But, see Vector's post above! He is indeed going to be in Abbotsford next year. Interesting ... sort of. (My excuse for not knowing he's done with college is that Elite Prospects still has Perkins as unsigned.)

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks don't acquire any additional picks between now and the June entry draft, then our prospect pool is bound to take a 'hit'.

Vancouver doesn't draft until the third round, and from all reports this isn't a strong draft to begin with. But I guess with the contributions that Lindholm and Zadorov made to the Canucks playoff run, nobody is complaining too much.

Reactions: DFAC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad