Who will the Habs Draft

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Surprisingly or unsurprisingly, they are discussing Silayev. Shooting power is for suckers.. :laugh:
Guess that would mean Chychrun isn't in their long term plans because adding another LD with Sanderson, Chabot, and Chychrun doesn't make a lot of sense.

Meanwhile their Right side is Zub and unremarkable friends.

Reactions: vokiel

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Guess that would mean Chychrun isn't in their long term plans because adding another LD with Sanderson, Chabot, and Chychrun doesn't make a lot of sense.

Meanwhile their Right side is Zub and unremarkable friends.

What do you think are the devils planning on doing with the 10th pick? Trade for a goalie, trade up or just stay put and draft a guy? And if they draft at 10, who does the fan base want?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
What do you think are the devils planning on doing with the 10th pick? Trade for a goalie, trade up or just stay put and draft a guy? And if they draft at 10, who does the fan base want?
outside of Saros and a ton of younger goalies who probably aren't available I don't want to trade for one.

Currently Devils fans want

Buium if he drops

Dickinson if he drops

Iginla if he manages to get past Calgary

Then more realistically are looking at

-Helenius because of his NHL readiness and playstyle he could possibly be inserted posibily as 3C next season

-Brandsegg-Nygard because of the never ending search for a big forechecking winger for Hughes. Slafkovsky was suppose to be that but you know how that went.;) And our Scouting experts think He has a better chance at being a Center in the NHL then Catton

-Chernyshov for the same reason for Nygard minus the chance at Center, Also both our Russian and our "head" NJ board scout are very high on him.

The Player we absolutely don't want is Eiserman as we feel the Devils already rode that train with Holtz.

If you are interested in well writen draft profiles on lots of draftee's feel free to peruse SteventoddIves posts

Draft Profiles.

Reactions: Habs7631

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No, I consider common sense to be common sense, not individual sense magically passing as common sense.
So don't bother.

So ..........your common sense tells you that Montreal scouts/management share carefully guarded proprietary information with local journalists ???? Common sense should lead you in the opposite direction but you enjoy the comfort of confirmations bias so don't let truth spoil your party.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Fam, lets try and be nice. If Lindstrom there, we take him, then it's Iggy or bust.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
So ..........your common sense tells you that Montreal scouts/management share carefully guarded proprietary information with local journalists ???? Common sense should lead you in the opposite direction but you enjoy the comfort of confirmations bias so don't let truth spoil your party.
I believe that the Habs should keep their draft rankings to themselves. I agree that it would make sense. But for some reasons, it appears that there are leaks.
Teams have a good idea who the other teams like.
Connected guys like Brunet, Arpon Basu, Brian Wilde and Corey Pronman somehow know things and have called shots in the past.
So i'm not just gonna decide, without proof, that they don't know anything just because i want that to be the case.

This is from the latest mock draft from Pronman:

17. Washington Capitals: Cole Eiserman, LW, U.S. NTDP-USHL​

Eiserman has been a point of debate all season but I still expect him to be a top-20 pick. Ideally, the Capitals would add a center or defenseman here but Eiserman’s offense would be too much to pass up at No. 17.

It's just information. Don't take it personal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad