OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There's more than just QBs and receivers. The Vikings need to improve in a lot of areas that will cost a lot of money.

Receiver is a saturated position in the league talent wise, you don't need the top receiver to do well at the position, in fact, the best teams don't have them. They have 2nd tier players there and have the best linemen and corners... even the ones with QBs on rookie contracts

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
$40 million would be a 25% increase over the current highest paid receiver. $45 million would be a 40% increase. I don't find that range to be realistic.

Give him 4 x $35M per year (~10% more than the current #1, AJ Brown) and ~90% guaranteed (up from AJ Brown's 87.5%).

Now is the time that you can pay him more than what you'd otherwise prefer, while McCarthy is on his rookie deal.
Well, I'll take being 50% right anytime.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's a fine deal, and one that can definitely be done with McCarthy and Addison on their rookie deals (4th year of Jefferson's deal will be Addison's 5th year option).

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

It isnt my math im just copy pastaing it but

Bosa’s $34M AAV deal last year was the 15.1% of the 2023 salary cap.

Jefferson’s $35M AAV extension is 13.7% of this year’s cap.
I wish salary inflation was as quick for me as it is for sports stars.

*edit* Did some math, and that's a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 6.45%. Inflation is usually 2-3%.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's a fine deal, and one that can definitely be done with McCarthy and Addison on their rookie deals (4th year of Jefferson's deal will be Addison's 5th year option).
With elite WR best to go cheaper on the others. Rookie contract guys or 7 figure cap charges. Philly extended Smith but doing it early means he still had year 4 and 5th year options so able to prorate a SB over those years as well I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad