Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I didnt say star winger. I said top 6 winger. And afford what? The team isnt in a cap crunch. Trouba and Panarin each have 2 years left, anyone the Rangers want to keep long term, they can. I bet they add multiple impactful players with 1/2 years remaining and reassess next summer.

We're not in a cap crunch, but things are gonna be REAL tight the season before Panarin expires. Really depends on what we wind up paying Igor. If it's true that $10m would be a discount, then buckle up.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The only thing you can infer from that stat is that Kakko is better than the Rangers 13th forward.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Another thing is Rempe's record is comparing apples to apples, the same time period where he's been a scratch and then is put into the next game. The sample size without Kakko isn't him being in and out of the lineup during the same stretch of hockey without other variables, it was all during a time when he was out with injury aside from one scratch (where they won)

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Kakko is not a good enough skater and not strong enough to play the Barkov possession style he has some skill at and does show some flashes. If this guy was quicker, stronger and willing to get to the dirty areas you’d have a hell of a player representative of a number 2 overall pick.

It’s been 5 years and he hasn’t made the improvement necessary. Could he? Maybe, but I doubt it as this point. He is more likely a decent middle 6 winger who is semi reliable and will flash every now and then.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad