Player Discussion Joshua Roy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In the spirit of getting things back on track, I’m curious to see where he winds up next year in terms of lines. If they keep the first line together then I suspect we’ll see Roy with Dach and Newhook.

Otherwise it wouldn’t surprise me to see him with Dach and Caufield. That’d give us two solid lines and I don’t think CC and Newhook on the same line makes sense.

Either way, I’m hoping Roy can make a Calder run.

Lets hope he stays healthy and solidifies a top 6 spot. He's got the game to support one of those lines but lets see how the maturity looks in a complete season.

Would be interesting to see who is in the top 6 and who is on t he 3rd line between Newhook and Roy.... if we add another top 6F this coming season.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lets hope he stays healthy and solidifies a top 6 spot. He's got the game to support one of those lines but lets see how the maturity looks in a complete season.

Would be interesting to see who is in the top 6 and who is on t he 3rd line between Newhook and Roy.... if we add another top 6F this coming season.
If we add a top 6 forward in the offseason, that would mean one of Anderson/Gallagher would be on the 4th line (assuming everyone's healthy). Those two were never held accountable for bad play, so I don't think we'd be playing one of them on the 4th line. Hughes also said we aren't buying anyone out, so that means Gallagher for sure isn't going anywhere, and unless Hughes wants to use a retention slot that will last 3 seasons, I don't see Anderson going anywhere either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we add a top 6 forward in the offseason, that would mean one of Anderson/Gallagher would be on the 4th line (assuming everyone's healthy). Those two were never held accountable for bad play, so I don't think we'd be playing one of them on the 4th line. Hughes also said we aren't buying anyone out, so that means Gallagher for sure isn't going anywhere, and unless Hughes wants to use a retention slot that will last 3 seasons, I don't see Anderson going anywhere either.

I can see Dvorak staying due to the center depth. If Dvorak is traded and we like Newhook at center, we need to sign a few depth guys at center for Laval. Or are we going to rush Beck? Hope not.

I can see Armia being moved. Not that difficult to move him to a cap floor team after free agency. Let teams do their thing first and some will run out of options. Armia had a good season after he got the AHL kick in the ass lesson.

Yeah, only way I see Gallagher and/or Anderson is if it's a Dubois trade. Not many want anything to do with Dubois but I'm open to talk but my price is steep. There is no Jets 1st included, it's the other way around.. Dubois comes with retention (below Suzuki) and we get their 1st. Very low probability but that's kind of how we are able to unload them.

I don't think we have a 3rd or 4th line. I think we have two bottom 2 lines.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I can see Dvorak staying due to the center depth. If Dvorak is traded and we like Newhook at center, we need to sign a few depth guys at center for Laval. Or are we going to rush Beck? Hope not.
Dvorak definitely isn't going anywhere, at least not until the deadline if we are a bottom 10 team again.
I can see Armia being moved. Not that difficult to move him to a cap floor team after free agency. Let teams do their thing first and some will run out of options. Armia had a good season after he got the AHL kick in the ass lesson.
I can't see him getting moved, he's our best PKer and with RHP likely playing himself off of the team. If we trade him, that means we only got Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans as PKers. I already think we will sign someone to be on the PK as a 4th liner, trading Armia means we'd have to find another one which doesn't resolve this overcrowded roster issue we have.
Yeah, only way I see Gallagher and/or Anderson is if it's a Dubois trade. Not many want anything to do with Dubois but I'm open to talk but my price is steep. There is no Jets 1st included, it's the other way around.. Dubois comes with retention (below Suzuki) and we get their 1st. Low probability

I don't think we have a 3rd or 4th line. I think we have two bottom 2 lines.
PLD isn't happening unless he gets bought out and we give him a one year show me deal. Anderson at 50% could return something (especially with the rising cap and a guy like Miles Wood having a similar contract), but I don't think Hughes wants to get rid of size up front even if Anderson stinks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dvorak definitely isn't going anywhere, at least not until the deadline if we are a bottom 10 team again.

I can't see him getting moved, he's our best PKer and with RHP likely playing himself off of the team. If we trade him, that means we only got Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans as PKers. I already think we will sign someone to be on the PK as a 4th liner, trading Armia means we'd have to find another one which doesn't resolve this overcrowded roster issue we have.

PLD isn't happening unless he gets bought out and we give him a one year show me deal. Anderson at 50% could return something (especially with the rising cap and a guy like Miles Wood having a similar contract), but I don't think Hughes wants to get rid of size up front even if Anderson stinks.

Agree with Dvorak.

Not so sure with Armia. I do think they want to make room.

PLD is a distraction with many here. I'm open to it if it makes sense. Details involved were said on previous post. If we add Dubois and subtract Gallagher and Anderson, I'm open to talk more.

Will be interesting to see how this summer unfolds. We know we will try several things but does the circumstance fit. That we don't know

Also with Anderson, not sure if Hughes uses his last retention spot this season on him. Maybe at the deadline but then we have Savard and Dvorak as well. The best way to get the best value for pending UFA's is to have retention available. But we could try to get another team involved but that makes is more tricky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad