Jets end of 2023-24 season media availability

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Agreed. But TNSE isn't firing anyone. Maurice had to fire himself FFS.

BUT - They can promote him! Make him Executice VP of Player Personal Responsibilty Team Management Of On Ice Equipment Staff Ice Cleaning and Pucks for Warm-ups and Pre Game and Intermission Entertainment of Patrons.
Why so mean?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Suggesting to promote someone instead of firing them is mean?
Suggesting a very experienced coach become "Executice VP of Player Personal Responsibilty Team Management Of On Ice Equipment Staff Ice Cleaning and Pucks for Warm-ups and Pre Game and Intermission Entertainment of Patrons" is very mean.

It's kinda funny, when you realize it's not really directed at Bones, but his bosses.

Somehow, I don't think our Florida colleague has read much Horace or Juvenal.

Just a hunch.

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Associated Press reported he was in a "rehab setting" for alcohol abuse dated June 22, 2022.

He was in a rehab setting for alcohol abuse that ended before he was hired as an assistant coach for the St. Louis Blues. He has been sober since he entered rehab after the Stars firing.

He is a friend of my family.

He entered rehab after the Stars firing.

Former Stars Coach Jim Montgomery Checks Into Rehab for Alcohol Abuse

He was hired by the Blues in Sept 2020 - 10 months after being fired by the Stars. This was his 2nd chance. He did not relapse and enter rehab a 2nd time.

Ex-Stars coach Jim Montgomery joins Blues as assistant months after firing

Montgomery’s struggles with alcoholism prompted his departure from the Dallas Stars after nearly a season and a half. He returned to the NHL coaching ranks after his stint in rehab, accepting an assistant coaching gig in St. Louis before landing in Boston last summer.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
He was in a rehab setting for alcohol abuse that ended before he was hired as an assistant coach for the St. Louis Blues. He has been sober since he entered rehab after the Stars firing.

He is a friend of my family.

He entered rehab after the Stars firing.

Former Stars Coach Jim Montgomery Checks Into Rehab for Alcohol Abuse

He was hired by the Blues in Sept 2020 - 10 months after being fired by the Stars. This was his 2nd chance. He did not relapse and enter rehab a 2nd time.

Ex-Stars coach Jim Montgomery joins Blues as assistant months after firing

Montgomery’s struggles with alcoholism prompted his departure from the Dallas Stars after nearly a season and a half. He returned to the NHL coaching ranks after his stint in rehab, accepting an assistant coaching gig in St. Louis before landing in Boston last summer.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

(I'm tempted to send a note to AP but I don't think they often correct their archives.)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I stand corrected. Thank you.

(I'm tempted to send a note to AP but I don't think they often correct their archives.)
The inter web is a gluttony poorly reported information.

It can boggle the mind what is printed sometimes. No editing, no fact checking .

I agree with your point that the Jets should take note of the Penguins firing of their PP coach. I would hope the Jets would have common sense and relieve Lauer of his duties in the very near future.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Suggesting a very experienced coach become "Executice VP of Player Personal Responsibilty Team Management Of On Ice Equipment Staff Ice Cleaning and Pucks for Warm-ups and Pre Game and Intermission Entertainment of Patrons" is very mean.

Somehow, I don't think our Florida colleague has read much Horace or Juvenal.

Just a hunch.

Perhaps we are from different times and learnings. Your post actually says nothing about me, but a lot about someone else.

There will be criticisms about professional sports teams' management in fan forums. And it's ok. Whether satirical or not, constructive social criticism should not trigger anyone. I have a vague recollection that our previous conversations that veered away from hockey were not productive and sensitivities became apparent. I have no intention of going there again.

So you are welcome to have the last word.

BTW - I enjoy your posts when they are about hockey.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Perhaps we are from different times and learnings. Your post actually says nothing about me, but a lot about someone else.

There will be criticisms about professional sports teams' management in fan forums. And it's ok. Whether satirical or not, constructive social criticism should not trigger anyone. I have a vague recollection that our previous conversations that veered away from hockey were not productive and sensitivities became apparent. I have no intention of going there again.

So you are welcome to have the last word.

BTW - I enjoy your posts when they are about hockey.
Trigger? Who is triggered?

Indeed, we are from different times and I do apologize if I triggered you. That was truly not my intention.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
My last comment on this disastrous playoff run iis that they need to build this team around winners. Scheif, Helly, Lowry and Ehlers are amazing individually talented and skilled players but they are not winners. As long as they are the 'core' this team will not achieve playoff immortality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad