Goals against review thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Cale Makar goal on Jake Oettinger

This was a really bad one.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
May 15th, 2024

Avalanche vs Stars: 3 goals against Georgiev, 0 stoppable. 5 goals against Oettinger, 3 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 8. Goals stoppable 3. Percentage of goals stoppable: 37.50%. Combined save percentages: .855%.
Oettinger needs to channel his inner Blackwood and bring down those stoppable goals.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know I’ve said this to you before but Oettinger is wildly inconsistent
I think he's overrated.

Yeah, he had a good playoffs to this point, but when you look at the models, his save percentage isn't many points higher (At least not after last night's game) than his expected save percentage. They have about the same expected save percentage as the Rangers (with Shesterkin performing much better) and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't fare much worse with Wedgewood.

Oettinger isn't facing particularly dangerous chances like the many of the other goalies have been.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
May 16th, 2024

Rangers vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Shesterkin, 0 stoppable. 4 goals against Andersen, 2 stoppable.

Oilers vs Canucks: 3 goals against Pickard, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Silovs, 1 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 12. Goals stoppable: 3. Percentage of goals stoppable: 25%. Combined save percentages: .897%.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Chris Kreider goal on Frederik Andersen

First one was also terrible. Not sure which one was worse. Take your pick.

It’s unfortunate that this will be his last softy of the night for the season.

• Haha
Reactions: DVision44

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
May 17th, 2024

Panthers vs Bruins: 1 goal against Bobrovsky, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Swayman, 2 stoppable.

Stars vs Avalanche: 1 goal against Oettinger, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Georgiev, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 6. Goals stoppable: 3. Percentage of goals stoppable: 50%. Combined save percentages: .950%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No way I am giving Boston what they ask for that sieve.
He still had a great playoffs.

Only 5 goals stoppable and I think he allowed 25 total?

Who has the highest I've counted so far? Good Ole' Freddie the prehistoric fossil with 11.

Not sure if that's the highest percentage, as I don't track the actual numbers of goals against, as every other site does that for me. Skinner could have passed it by now (9 for him) but got benched 2 games ago.

Oettinger is also at 10 as of last night. Those are the only double digits. Bob and Georgiev are both at 8.

Georgiev's numbers look pretty poor for the playoffs, but his percentage of goals I counted stoppable isn't all that high, though he currently has allowed the most goals of any goalie these playoffs. That will change after this round.

I'm sure game 1 against Winnipeg, as well as one of those blowout games against Dallas are heavily weighing on his numbers, but I didn't think he was that bad these playoffs. He was gonna need to be better to beat Dallas, but Colorado looked about done after the Nichushkin thing and they were on fumes last night.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He still had a great playoffs.

Only 5 goals stoppable and I think he allowed 25 total?

Who has the highest I've counted so far? Good Ole' Freddie the prehistoric fossil with 11.

Not sure if that's the highest percentage, as I don't track the actual numbers of goals against, as every other site does that for me. Skinner could have passed it by now (9 for him) but got benched 2 games ago.

Oettinger is also at 10 as of last night. Those are the only double digits. Bob and Georgiev are both at 8.

Georgiev's numbers look pretty poor for the playoffs, but his percentage of goals I counted stoppable isn't all that high, though he currently has allowed the most goals of any goalie these playoffs. That will change after this round.

I'm sure game 1 against Winnipeg, as well as one of those blowout games against Dallas are heavily weighing on his numbers, but I didn't think he was that bad these playoffs. He was gonna need to be better to beat Dallas, but Colorado looked about done after the Nichushkin thing and they were on fumes last night.
Shhh….we have to drive down the prices of the trade targets in goal

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
May 18th, 2024

Canucks vs Oilers: 5 goals against Silovs, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Skinner, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 6. Goals stoppable: 2. Percentage of goals stoppable: 33%. Combined save percentages: .857%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
May 20th, 2024

Oilers vs Canucks: 2 goals against Skinner, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Silovs, 1 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 5. Goals stoppable: 2. Percentage of goals stoppable: 40%. Combined save percentages: .891%.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Connor Garland goal on Stuart Skinner

It was a little bit worse than the Ceci goal on Silovs, where he may have been somewhat screened. Just not screened enough for me to not give him a goal stoppable, unlike the Hyman goal on him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
May 22nd, 2024

Panthers vs Rangers: 2 goals against Shesterkin, 1 stoppable. Bobrovsky gets the shutout.

Goals scored against goalies: 2. Goals stoppable: 1. Percentage of goals stoppable: 50%. Combined save percentages: .959%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad