German football season 2023/24

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Regardless of the result, next season the area of Nordrhein-Westfalen will have the lowest number of clubs in the 1.BL history. The most they've ever had was 9 clubs.

All this despite having the largest GDP in Germany and being the most populous state. Apart from Dortmund, the clubs from there have really been underachieving for years, or even decades by now.

In other stuff, as HSV now starts is 7th successive season in 2.BL, I think it's firmly placed second of former European Cup / Champions league winners languishing in lower leagues.

Nottingham Forest obviously head that list of fallen giants with 23 seasons spent in a row outside of top flight.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Regardless of the result, next season the area of Nordrhein-Westfalen will have the lowest number of clubs in the 1.BL history. The most they've ever had was 9 clubs.

All this despite having the largest GDP in Germany and being the most populous state. Apart from Dortmund, the clubs from there have really been underachieving for years, or even decades by now.

In other stuff, as HSV now starts is 7th successive season in 2.BL, I think it's firmly placed second of former European Cup / Champions league winners languishing in lower leagues.

Nottingham Forest obviously head that list of fallen giants with 23 seasons spent in a row outside of top flight.
Also Steaua Bucharest, given that FCSB is not the legal successor of the European Cup -winning team.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fortuna with some Spursian levels of defending set pieces, while when they have a corner their Greek Neymar tries to score directly from it lol. Their coach looks like he's having a panic attack, and that left side player with the big hair has played like it's the first time he's ever seen a ball. Funniest thing is Bochum haven't been good either but Fortuna is trying really hard to lose, and I'd be surprised if they don't.

Stoger deserves a better team than Bochum. Too bad he's already 30 although the way he's running in the 116th minute you wouldn't say.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fortuna with some Spursian levels of defending set pieces, while when they have a corner their Greek Neymar tries to score directly from it lol. Their coach looks like he's having a panic attack, and that left side player with the big hair has played like it's the first time he's ever seen a ball. Funniest thing is Bochum haven't been good either but Fortuna is trying really hard to lose, and I'd be surprised if they don't.

Stoger deserves a better team than Bochum. Too bad he's already 30 although the way he's running in the 116th minute you wouldn't say.

Stöger will have one ;-)

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Not sure Bochum did enough to really deserve this, but congratulations regardless.
It helps when your captain plays like this:

1716848893011.png

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Stöger will have one ;-)
Is he going to Union? If he plays like this all the time I want him at Barcelona haha

Speaking of Union this was a nice swan song for Andreas Luthe, the veteran who gets to retire this summer as a Bundesliga player. He managed to keep a clean sheet and save a penalty too.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is he going to Union? If he plays like this all the time I want him at Barcelona haha

Speaking of Union this was a nice swan song for Andreas Luthe, the veteran who gets to retire this summer as a Bundesliga player. He managed to keep a clean sheet and save a penalty too.

Not official yet, but he's been heavily linked to us...and yeah, really happy for Luthe to finish his career as a Bochum player again, in the 1st division.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good penalties from both teams overall but Kastenmeier looked like having a shooter chart in his water bottle or something wouldn't have harmed, wasn't particularly close to making a save besides the one he got right.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I am scraping around the edges of football today.. Wiesbaden and Regensburg. 2-2 after leg 1 and then Regensburg grab one late in half one to take the lead.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Regensburg score just before half time to put them a goal ahead in the tie against Wiesbaden. Winner gets Zweite next year. Goal was scored by Regensburg's start, Kother, who looks way too good to play Dreite. I noticed he has a couple of games and even a goal for Germany's U21, wonder what happened to him to play such low level just 4 years later.

I am scraping around the edges of football today.. Wiesbaden and Regensburg. 2-2 after leg 1 and then Regensburg grab one late in half one to take the lead.
Well it's a better game so far than the one we watched yesterday.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Regensburg score just before half time to put them a goal ahead in the tie against Wiesbaden. Winner gets Zweite next year. Goal was scored by Regensburg's start, Kother, who looks way too good to play Dreite. I noticed he has a couple of games and even a goal for Germany's U21, wonder what happened to him to play such low level just 4 years later.

Well it's a better game so far than the one we watched yesterday.
yes - it is entertaining.. I wasn't expecting much.

Reactions: luiginb

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Some few are trying their best to initiate trouble, though I can't imagine they have enough of a mob for more.

Sorry for their players, wasn't a terrible effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad