NESN Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy were negotiating with NESN but decided against leaving Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Well, it looks like Goucher and Hnidy are Not negotiating with NESN for next season, so can the title of the thread be changed to reflect that?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I watch through AHLtv....the Grand Rapids Griffins have an awesome radio/video production....
subjective.... but not all teams broadcast like a Hershey or a Kansas City does..... and AHL TV isn't that great when you see Flo Sports whether it's the Race version or the hockey version.... would Hershey be broadcasting games if they weren't the Capitals affiliate and Monumental Sports simulcasts

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Lol I really don’t get why people like Kenny Albert. There is not an ounce of personality in his call.

Yes, his “voice” is okay. But at least make me believe you are genuinely excited about whatever is happening on the ice.

Goucher would have been great, but NESN is cheap, eh? Would have never guessed :sarcasm:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Lol I really don’t get why people like Kenny Albert. There is not an ounce of personality in his call.

Yes, his “voice” is okay. But at least make me believe you are genuinely excited about whatever is happening on the ice.

Goucher would have been great, but NESN is cheap, eh? Would have never guessed :sarcasm:
remember, the qualified post at the start of the thread.....it was never a "done deal" it was a potential deal.....

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
remember, the qualified post at the start of the thread.....it was never a "done deal" it was a potential deal.....

Oh yeah, I know.

I think at the end of the day, NESN has probably gotten used to the benefit of having a guy doing PbP for the last 18 years that would likely do the job for free. Getting someone experienced and established has a cost as it should.

Don’t fault Goucher or Hnidy at all for deciding to stay put. If they and their families are happy out in Vegas, don’t risk it for the nostalgia play (that also pays less).

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
It's a long off-season.
every off-season is! I'm just marveling at the activity. I'm really glad to see how passionate Bruins fans are about their team. Jack Edwards is a very tough act to follow. Personally, and this isn't just lip service, I think he's the best pxp in the team's history. Do you want someone who is capable of carrying on that torch? As the Internet developed, which in its infancy was when Jack started for Boston, for the first time we could really hear what fans of other teams think about things and OF COURSE they're not gonna like him, his homerism stuck out like a sore thumb. But as far as B's fans are concerned, how could you not love someone who bled the team colors and delivered such a passionate, non-cookie-cutter call? Jack's overall body of work is up there on some Top List of the NHL all-time greats, that'll become much more apparent in the future.

This speech alone should get in him in the NHL Hall of Fame

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

jimmccabe40

May 3, 2024
so what guys, I have absolutely no frame of reference for NHL broadcaster salaries, I've tried Googling in the past but there's a wide range of answers. is $100K a year too much to expect? As long as I can keep paying my mortgage!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad