Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Canucks threw more hits because they’re a more physically punishing team especially on D. The Oilers have no answer to that. Kane and Perry are a waste.
The rest is just excuses.
You keep your hits. We'll keep puck possession. If our goalies start playing even average hockey, I'm comfortable with which one will win more games.

There is a reason for that everyone knows Oilers whole game plan is draw penalties. Besides the PP they really have nothing weak goaltending, weak D after Ekholm and Bouchard, and no depth behind McDrai and Hyman. Playing your 2 stars and Bouchard 30 minutes a game shows that. Everyone including you has to realize if penalties not called against their opponents Oilers chances to win go down dramatically. Why wouldn't the opposition coach talk about them trying to sell calls every chance?
"Wah wah wah, don't call it by the rules or we don't have a chance Gary."

Rick Tocchet, probably.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You keep your hits. We'll keep puck possession. If our goalies start playing even average hockey, I'm comfortable with which one will win more games.
I’ll keep the hits and the wins. You keep your puck possession when you’ve trailed most of the series except game 1.
Of course when you’re always behind you’re going to have more puck possession.
You keep talking about having average goaltending. That’s like me saying if we only had McDavid. You don’t and we don’t.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
And what about the Hyman cross check to Zadorov's face?

Is there a hearing for that too? Or the Ryan spear to Hoglander's groin?
No there weren't hearings for either of those. Google could have answered this for you. Any other questions?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You realize that using IFs won’t cut it. Canucks fans can use the IF Demko was playing the series would be 3-0,. IFs have nothing to do with reality of the situation
Sure, if's don't matter. Nothing hypothetical about games that haven't happened yet though. We are allowed to speculate about what teams need to do to win moving forward, and to use the failures of the past 3 games to speculate about it. I'm fully acknowledging that if the Oilers don't get average goaltending moving forward, they won't win this series.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McFranchise must feel pretty secure going in to the next game knowing the rest of the Oilers have his back lol…
Yeh, rest of the Oilers should've visited Nucks dressing room after the game
. Lol @ urself.. as if there were replays shown of what actually happened to McD. Focus was on the puck and the net.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’ll keep the hits and the wins. You keep your puck possession when you’ve trailed most of the series except game 1.
What a silly argument.

Silovs has been the better goalie between him and Skinner and that's why the series is 2-1 Nucks. Just by watching the games the Oilers were dominating all 3 games but Skinner can't make a save. You can bring up hits all you want but that's not a deciding factor.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Good luck with that. The Oilers don't have any average goalies, so that might be tough.
Skinner is sure playing awful. Guess what - we know that just as badly as you do. As happy as that makes you, it is making us even more angry, so you aren't exactly unearthing anything new here. Pickard is a gamble, as he's a career backup - he could come in and play steady for a game or two, as he has done all season, or he could crumble under playoff hockey like DeSmith did.

Canuck fans are pretty arrogant about goaltending when your guy has had one awful game, lost a game, and then was saved by 4 posts last night. He made some great saves, but let's not act like he's Demko.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010

"Wah wah wah, don't call it by the rules or we don't have a chance Gary."

Rick Tocchet, probably.

The Oilers are a regular season team. It's been clear forever that the officiating in the playoffs is different. You can complain all you want, and people absolutely do complain every year, but at least its consistent. Building a team that relies on the PP to win is not a formula for success in the playoffs. You need to be able to win games 5v5.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Pretty obvious 1 game suspension

But it must be said that safety in this league is a joke. If a baseball player swung his bat at a player he could be arrested. Plus it seems mandated in all series that cross checks and other stick work should only be called some of the time. Like 1 penalty for every 10 cross checks. The penalties they do call often seem random or even inaccurate. "Let them play" often means you lose control of the violence because everyone is doing it

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The Oilers are a regular season team. It's been clear forever that the officiating in the playoffs is different. You can complain all you want, and people absolutely do complain every year, but at least its consistent. Building a team that relies on the PP to win is not a formula for success in the playoffs. You need to be able to win games 5v5.
Oilers were one of the best 5 on 5 teams in the regular season

Reactions: ManofSteel55

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Of course when you’re always behind you’re going to have more puck possession.
You keep talking about having average goaltending. That’s like me saying if we only had McDavid. You don’t and we don’t.
So... your conclusion is that you are winning because you are throwing more hits? Okay. You keep thinking that.

Skinner having a couple of bad games doesn't mean he is incapable of playing some games where he doesn't blow it. Pickard is a good backup goalie, its very possible that he plays average enough for us to win.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a silly argument.

Silovs has been the better goalie between him and Skinner and that's why the series is 2-1 Nucks. Just by watching the games the Oilers were dominating all 3 games but Skinner can't make a save. You can bring up hits all you want but that's not a deciding factor.
Of course it’s a contributing factor. The Oilers have one line playing 30 minutes a night.
Physical play on those guys is a huge factor in the series.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
All the outrage over an altercation that McDavid instantly got up from / wasn’t even close to being injured on tells me Oilers and their fans feel like the refs gifting them powerplays won’t be enough to help them win and have escalated to thinking the NHL to remove players they don’t like from the opposition roster is their only chance of winning.
And that was after complaining about the Canucks getting an extra day or 2 of rest after the first round. Too cowardly to face them rested with their 3rd string goalie. Big bad Oilers were supposed to steamroll the Canucks, but wah wah wah extra rest, then wah wah wah reffing, then cowardly nutshot, and now more wah wah wah. Disgraceful.

Reactions: Nopefully

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No, not at all. Just saying if you're hoping the Oilers goalies starting playing even average, you might in for a bad time.
We all hope for a lot of things. All of them centre around our team playing better. This goes for every fan of every team in the league who is still in the playoffs. Skinner has been bad. He's also had games where he has been an average, adequate NHL goalie. We hope we get the latter, while recognizing that we have been getting the former.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
And that was after complaining about the Canucks getting an extra day or 2 of rest after the first round. Too cowardly to face them rested with their 3rd string goalie. Big bad Oilers were supposed to steamroll the Canucks, but wah wah wah extra rest, then wah wah wah reffing, then cowardly nutshell, and now more wah wah wah. Disgraceful.
I mean if it wasn't for Skinner, you'd be getting steamrolled?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
And that was after complaining about the Canucks getting an extra day or 2 of rest after the first round. Too cowardly to face them rested with their 3rd string goalie. Big bad Oilers were supposed to steamroll the Canucks, but wah wah wah extra rest, then wah wah wah reffing, then cowardly nutshell, and now more wah wah wah. Disgraceful.
wah wah wah Kelly Sutherland hates the Canucks

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So... your conclusion is that you are winning because you are throwing more hits? Okay. You keep thinking that.

Skinner having a couple of bad games doesn't mean he is incapable of playing some games where he doesn't blow it. Pickard is a good backup goalie, it’s very possible that he plays average enough for us to win.
Of course I’ll keep thinking that. Why do you think teams throw hits. Are you new to hockey?
As for Skinner and Pickard we will just have to disagree. I suspect most of your own fan base would agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad