OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
“The First Omen” - surprisingly decent (as unnecessary prequels go). The muted, grimy 70s cinematography nicely matched the feel of the original. Good slow burn sense of dread, with some haunting imagery. Not your generic CGI-fest.

The lead, Nell Tiger Free (of M Night Shyamalan’s “Servant” and Cersei’s daughter in GoT) was really good.

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
XMen 97 S1 -- good but not great. Animation is mind-blowing, and I love all the new characters introduced (eg. Rogue, Nightcrawler), but the relationship between Professor X and Magneto is tiresome and was explored to death in the previous X-Men live-action films (eg. First Class, etc). Hopefully one of those two characters (or both) gets snuffed in future seasons.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
XMen 97 S1 -- good but not great. Animation is mind-blowing, and I love all the new characters introduced (eg. Rogue, Nightcrawler), but the relationship between Professor X and Magneto is tiresome and was explored to death in the previous X-Men live-action films (eg. First Class, etc). Hopefully one of those two characters (or both) gets snuffed in future seasons.
I’ll have to give it another shot….was bored in the first episode….

Side notes…..Godzilla -1 was overhyped…..also I loved the latest Mad Max movie…..

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
These are a little old but I recommended to a friend recently. These are both very good movies (imo):

The Invitation 2015
Coherence 2013

Next on my list are:

The Coffee Table (2022 Spanish horror / black comedy)
Post Mortem 2022 - trailer on youtube. I've heard good things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad