Around the NHL 2023-24 - playoff thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Trouba is such a loser. Absolute clown.
I tend to think he's misguided. He essentially shot back at that critical video by saying it really got to him in a roundabout way. Something tells me if a rational thoughtful person could sit him down and in a non-threatening way go over the chicken wing stuff with him he'd see it. I bet he really thinks he "just plays hard" or something along those lines. He's probably never allowed himself to actually dwell on what he does and how disrespectful it is to his fellow players and how he's contributing to exactly what he wants to stop. Contrary to what he thinks, elbowing guys in the head is neither good defense nor will it get him another contract when this one is up.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I tend to think he's misguided. He essentially shot back at that critical video by saying it really got to him in a roundabout way. Something tells me if a rational thoughtful person could sit him down and in a non-threatening way go over the chicken wing stuff with him he'd see it. I bet he really thinks he "just plays hard" or something along those lines. He's probably never allowed himself to actually dwell on what he does and how disrespectful it is to his fellow players and how he's contributing to exactly what he wants to stop. Contrary to what he thinks, elbowing guys in the head is neither good defense nor will it get him another contract when this one is up.
I always appreciate the thoughtful responses, but he’s a 30 year old vet who got called out and is trying to save face. I don’t buy it from him.

Reactions: HBK27

My3Sons

Sponsor

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Very interested to see if there is any personality shown in this. Drive to Survive is relatively watered down, I can't imagine how vanilla it will be having to get sign off from NHL PR teams.

I keep thinking about how the All or Nothing for the Leafs had a whole segment intro about how Nylander is such an outgoing and wild character and then it just showed him maybe sort of cracking some jokes at practice or something.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Very interested to see if there is any personality shown in this. Drive to Survive is relatively watered down, I can't imagine how vanilla it will be having to get sign off from NHL PR teams.

I keep thinking about how the All or Nothing for the Leafs had a whole segment intro about how Nylander is such an outgoing and wild character and then it just showed him maybe sort of cracking some jokes at practice or something.
Pasta seems like an interesting and sincere guy. McDavid has struck me as very plain vanilla when I've seen him interviewed.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I agree with you on the misguided part. I think in a lame, not well thought out way he’s citing these facts to show that he is aware of them or that he “gets it”. Still doesn’t absolve him from being a hypocrite and intentionally trying to injure players. But the real blame should be on the league for not making an example out of him and allowing this on ice behavior to continue.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I agree with you on the misguided part. I think in a lame, not well thought out way he’s citing these facts to show that he is aware of them or that he “gets it”. Still doesn’t absolve him from being a hypocrite and intentionally trying to injure players. But the real blame should be on the league for not making an example out of him and allowing this on ice behavior to continue.
hence the sociopath strategy. Why not elbow the best guys on the other team? The league clearly doesn't care and shocking to me the NHLPA doesn't care either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad