Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So if the Dallas goal the other day was no good, this one by Florida has to not count as well. Any other decision by the league would be a huge joke.

Edit: Right decision, though who knows if they make the same one without what happened in game 7 of DAL/VAN.
I've been really confused by what counts and what doesn't this year when it comes to GI, the consistency seems to be mia.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Great analysis of the way Van checked McDavid, made him stand still and from there he’s just a player with hands and not dangerous - Canucks did amazing work vs McDavid.

Conversely they also limited Draisatal’s ability to move but he’s such a horse he can create offence standing still.

Looking at Ottawa we have guys who can creat offers standing still - Brady, Pinto so that’s a good start for a playoff line.

Tocchet created the template to stop McDavid, think we’ll see evere team
will play him that way now

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Great analysis of the way Van checked McDavid, made him stand still and from there he’s just a player with hands and not dangerous - Canucks did amazing work vs McDavid.

Conversely they also limited Draisatal’s ability to move but he’s such a horse he can create offence standing still.

Looking at Ottawa we have guys who can creat offers standing still - Brady, Pinto so that’s a good start for a playoff line.

Tocchet created the template to stop McDavid, think we’ll see evere team
will play him that way now
McDavid had 9 pts against Vancouver... I'm not sure you can really call that "not dangerous". They certainly slowed him down, but in the end, they still lost.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
McDavid had 9 pts against Vancouver... I'm not sure you can really call that "not dangerous". They certainly slowed him down, but in the end, they still lost.
And Martin Biron on TSN this morning, suggested a hidden injury for McDavid.

Imagine healthy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Of course they did. Yes they lost but the Canucks played McDavid better than any team ever has.

They held him pointless in 3 of 7 games and he only scored 1 time.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
And Martin Biron on TSN this morning, suggested a hidden injury for McDavid.

Imagine healthy
Edmonton forum has been posting some tweets that indicate the flu was running through the team. Maybe that was it. He looked and sounded awful on that post game 7 interview.

9 points is nothing to scoff at, but he struggled against Vancouver for his standards imo.

Reactions: Tuna99

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Of course they did. Yes they lost but the Canucks played McDavid better than any team ever has.

They held him pointless in 3 of 7 games and he only scored 1 time.
injury.

see your Franco buddy Martin Biron o TSN.. He feels a hidden injury. Martin is plugged in well enough, if he suggested an injury, I would take it to heart.

So a hidden injury and 9 points, what would he have done healthy? A healthy McDavid, with Demko out and had Skinner remotely being decent. It would have been Edmonton in 5 or 6.

Vancouver is a bit of a myth.. A Cinderela story aided by a weak Pacific division and an NHL where 17 of the 32 teams finished with a win/loss record of 41/41 or worse. And with 7 or so teams at 35 wins or less.

Nashville has one of the oldest teams in the league. An 82 game season, wears down 30-36 year olds. So Vancouver caught a first round break. Had they played Vegas, they would not have advanced.

Edmonton forum has been posting some tweets that indicate the flu was running through the team. Maybe that was it. He looked and sounded awful on that post game 7 interview.
This Morning on TSN. It caught me by surprise. He used the word injury.

You know how these things work, after the playoffs the stories come out.

so if an injury and 9 points, He would have otherwise torched the Canucks.

Reactions: Tuna99

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

9 points is nothing to scoff at, but he struggled against Vancouver for his standards imo.

He was definitely looking a lot slower than usual. Didn't have the seperation speed he usually has.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
injury.

see your Franco buddy Martin Biron o TSN.. He feels a hidden injury. Martin is plugged in well enough, if he suggested an injury, I would take it to heart.

So a hidden injury and 9 points, what would he have done healthy? A healthy McDavid, with Demko out and had Skinner remotely being decent. It would have been Edmonton in 5 or 6.

Vancouver is a bit of a myth.. A Cinderela story aided by a weak Pacific division and an NHL where 17 of the 32 teams finished with a win/loss record of 41/41 or worse. And with 7 or so teams at 35 wins or less.

Nashville has one of the oldest teams in the league. An 82 game season, wears down 30-36 year olds. So Vancouver caught a first round break. Had they played Vegas, they would not have advanced.

This Morning on TSN. It caught me by surprise. He used the word injury.

You know how these things work, after the playoffs the stories come out.

so if an injury and 9 points, He would have otherwise torched the Canucks.
There seems to be legs to the flu claims, and at least some others were confirmed sick by some analysts tweets, but could also be an injury.

If it is the flu, it bodes well for Edmonton imo. They have to be much better to beat Dallas and I think they can be if they're healthy.
He was definitely looking a lot slower than usual. Didn't have the seperation speed he usually has.
Ya, he was definitely not the McDavid I'm used to seeing. That probably bodes well for Edmonton tbh, if it's not an injury, only way to go is up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad