OT: 2024 Weather Thread

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That is crazy, that road is usually open Memorial Day weekend (last weekend). I’m sure many of you have driven that road but it’s truly a spectacular drive and view south down into the valley from the road. If you haven’t, make it part of your plans.

However I did read this winter that you now have to book a time/appointment to drive your vehicle from one end to the other because it’s so heavy. Same with a few select other US National Parks, ie Mt Rushmore and some located in the DC area etc because the people usage is getting so heavy for the infrastructure.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
That is crazy, that road is usually open Memorial Day weekend (last weekend). I’m sure many of you have driven that road but it’s truly a spectacular drive and view south down into the valley from the road. If you haven’t, make it part of your plans.

However I did read this winter that you now have to book a time/appointment to drive your vehicle from one end to the other because it’s so heavy. Same with a few select other US National Parks, ie Mt Rushmore and some located in the DC area etc because the people usage is getting so heavy for the infrastructure.
It reminded me that I wanted to drive that road again. It's been many years. Have gone along the south side of the park many times. Usually it's snowing.

Yellowstone was nuts last summer. And that was before school was out. No intentions of doing that anytime soon again, at least not in summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad