2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm pretty convinced they're going to take Levshunov and have been for a while.
I like him a lot, but I think that they need high end forwards more than D. Lev will be a fine pick and I think he has top pairing potential, even could be a #1. But I think that Demidov could be an absolute star winger and I think they need that more, especially with the emergence of Vlasic.

I can't really complain if they pick Lev though. I just wonder where they're going to get their scoring from outside of Bedard because I don't see Nazar and Moore as anything but middle 6ers at best.
Still another draft next year, and the year after. We are going to be bad for at least 2 more years.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'm pretty convinced they're going to take Levshunov and have been for a while.
I like him a lot, but I think that they need high end forwards more than D. Lev will be a fine pick and I think he has top pairing potential, even could be a #1. But I think that Demidov could be an absolute star winger and I think they need that more, especially with the emergence of Vlasic.

I can't really complain if they pick Lev though. I just wonder where they're going to get their scoring from outside of Bedard because I don't see Nazar and Moore as anything but middle 6ers at best.
Apparently next draft is forward heavy, so probably there. And we still have a first we can upgrade from 18.

And if they might say f*** it and sign Guentzel. That’s guaranteed scoring for a few years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well yeah, but how bad do you think they're going to be? bottom 5 or bottom 10?
Bottom 3? I think some people were funny to me thinking this past team was going to be not a bottom dweller.

I think it's still a lot to expect a big jump again based on some lukewarm comments by Davidson saying they have to be better. Sure, they'll make some moves. But we easily could have far worse goaltending again. Mrazek might fall back down and there's still not a lot of nhl ready to shine depth at forward

ello

Jun 12, 2018
If it's Levshunov please give him a chance... I promise he doesn't actually suck
I dont think he sucks. I just don't see anything that suggests he's going to be a number 1 outside of his stats. Who knows how Bedards development and this offseason might impact our rebuild so this might be our last chance to pick at number 1/2 and we NEED this player to be a cornerstone

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Taking a guy out of college when there's no doubt in every aspect the player can grow vs whl is not the same thing

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If you’re good defensively, you transition into the NHL much easier. Vlasic was nice and smooth while Korchinski was rough (also three years younger).

It’s also why I can see EDM coming in next year and looking good early on.

I do wonder if they draft Lev if they start to dangle Kaiser. Seems like his spot would very quickly be pushed out. Use him to move up in the draft for a forward. Especially if they sign Lev this year.

Would be looking at this to start.

Vlasic - Jones
Korchinski - Murphy
EDM - Lev

Allan and Rinzel as up and comers.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Yes and no.

It was no choice on Korchinski when the only vet signed on the left side was Tinordi. Vlasic spent 3 years at BU and another in Rockford. Don't rush defensemen!

My understanding was the only decision on Korchinski was Seattle or Chicago. Hawks decided that there nothing left Kor to do at Seattle so they wanted in Chicago to continue his developed.

I rather Kor be in Chicago so he can see his weaknesses and he can work on them. That kind of development was not going to happen in Seattle.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Why do I sense Demidov-Levshunov being another Michkov-Reinbacher situation? There were different circumstances with Michkov, but I just fear the Hawks take the good but not great defenseman and Demidov shows that he should’ve gone 2 lol

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I still think Demidov should be the pick but the idea of the future Blue line being

Vlasic-Levshunov
Del Mastro-Rinzel
Korchinski-Jones/Allan

In give or take 4 years is growing on me. They’re all huge and can really skate except for Del Mastro. Just wish they all played as mean as Del Mastro does the other 5 could all use some more bite in their game. Anyways that defense looks like it is built for playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad