Shanahan lives in New York?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Who did he want to trade and where did you hear this
I'm pretty sure it started at his year end presser . while he was in the middle of melting down he was asked about his offseason plans , after taking a second to wipe away his fake tears he said everything was on the table which means nothing but it turned into he was going to bust all these genius moves

now where these genius moves were before last off season or after he went to Pitt we'll never know because his summer there as grand poobah was an utter disaster but that gets ignored

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'll give you some perspective:

Leslie Feist (Juno award winner Fiest) grew a name for herself being a Toronto Musician. For over a decade she built herself up through a community of musicians, friends, artists, supporters, etc. So everyone gets this impression that she records, performs, tours locally/nationally giving the impression to fans that: she's ours, she's Canadian, she's one of the good ones, etc. With a little research music fans will discover that she doesn't live in Canada at all. Nope she calls Paris, France home.

You might say "who cares where she lives?!", and you wouldn't be alone with that sentiment. I'm telling you though for many others it does mean something. She is not the Canadian local musician. She's not dedicated to Canadian music. You want to believe that she's passionate about the city and the country. How does she do that from Paris?

Brendon Shanahan is not passionate about the Leafs or the city they play in.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Living in Toronto isn't gonna make Shanahan better at his job.

This story about Dubas not being able to reach Shanahan so he went the board. What is that all about. Are they seriously trying to imply the board sits together in the same room all day.

So all Dubas had to do was go up a flight of stairs at ML$E headquarters to present his earth shattering trade.

Everything you read about this team is a lie. I don't believe a single thing they say anymore. That includes anything coming out of the mouth of the absentee useless turd this team employs as president.

It doesn't matter where Shanahan lives either.

He could sleep under his desk at SBA. He would still stink at his job. Shanahan simply doesn't have what it takes to assemble a cup winning team.

Where he lives is inconsequential to that fact.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It's hard to get the truth from a media company like MLSE. They are the media and their narrative is craftily presented. Just because the narrative is usually tame, don't believe their employees don't have their fair share of problems, such as drug use, spousal abuse, alcoholism, backstabbing, power plays, office/team politics and so on. They are far better at smoothing things over and painting rosy pictures than many of the other clubs, thinking that it's better for the fans not to know everything that happens behind closed doors. It's likely that Shanny is very good at this, which would explain how he has kept his job so long despite his team's playoff futility. All the fires are getting put out and the team is making lots of money so changes at the top are unlikely.

Reactions: fancy lad

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Leslie Feist (Juno award winner Fiest) grew a name for herself being a Toronto Musician. For over a decade she built herself up through a community of musicians, friends, artists, supporters, etc. So everyone gets this impression that she records, performs, tours locally/nationally giving the impression to fans that: she's ours, she's Canadian, she's one of the good ones, etc. With a little research music fans will discover that she doesn't live in Canada at all. Nope she calls Paris, France home.

You might say "who cares where she lives?!", and you wouldn't be alone with that sentiment. I'm telling you though for many others it does mean something. She is not the Canadian local musician. She's not dedicated to Canadian music. You want to believe that she's passionate about the city and the country. How does she do that from Paris?

This is exactly it. Its just a high level top paying position. The people that run the organization are mostly self serving and the team itself is an afterthought.

When the trash rises to the top and gets its fill from the bottom. Well it eventually shits on everyone below them. We've been in deep shit for a long time now. Its just abundantly clear today.

The team is run by get mine mentality. The players also have get mine mentality as well. The people still pay. No changes expected until a Boudreau type takes over (Maybe people dont like him as a coach but I bet he could learn to be a great President or GM.)

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020

add Celine Dione. She has milked Canadians as "her people". 20 years of Vegas act, one that is packed to overflowing with Canadian (mainly Quebec) fans.

She comes up and her shows are packed. Her songs are packing the airwaves. So millions in downloads.

Has not lived here since she was a teenage girl. Mostly in Europe or the USA.

Ditto for tons of others. Hello Alanis Morrissette, who gushed like a little girl when she got her American Green card. Or Michael J Fox, who stood and proclaimed his pride at being able to vote in the USA.

We Canadians are suckers. We are so desperate to be loved, we cling to anyone who waves a flag. regardless of his/her using us.

1950's Habs Boom Boom Geofrion lived the last 40 years of his life, State side.. When he needed something, wrote a book, was hawking something. Suddenly he was more a Quebecer than Trudeau or Levesque. And we ate it up.

Famed Quebecois separatist, Lucien Bouchard.. He lives in California and has lived there for decades.

One time Canadian PM (Short term...very short term) Kim Campbell.. Lives in California with her boy toy.

Former Liberal leader Ignatief.. Lives in the USA and has been wrapping himself in the red, white and blue for decades. He tried to be more American than George Washington.

We do suffer from an inferiority complex, don't we?????

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Who did he want to trade and where did you hear this

Dubas said change needs to happen and he was open to moving a core piece in his end of season press conference last year.

It’s pretty common knowledge now that the move was going to be for Erik Karlsson. That would have been horrible but he was open to moving a core piece

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Is he attending Rangers? Or he just hates watching hockey in general? :DD

It explains why Marner stayed this long. Shanny only checking corsi stats.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
So he's in NY not answering his calls?
If he was in Toronto, would he be answering his calls?
I'm no fan of Brendan Shanahan, after all his initials are BS,😗 but this thread is nothing but grasping of angry Leaf fans.

If he was in Toronto, they could meet in person.

It's weird. Should he be here making sure ..something goes well ? If you don't need a president on site, why do you need one?

His job was confusing when I thought it had something to do with team, or arena, or tv production or shit anything ! It's puzzling now.

edit: Do we think it was like this from the beginning? I have to chuckle thinking he went to work every day for years, nothing to do and one day was like "f*ck it, I'll be in NY if you need me"

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Imagine the shock when OP figures out technology exists to get through something like this.
Damn it, why won’t Shanny answer. I’m using the phone he gave me:
1715879598495.jpeg

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
I'm surprised anyone cares honestly. Should we check the primary residence of all 32 presidents? I'd rather critique the results of the team rather than his accommodations.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Exactly !!! Shanahan was an NHL executive that Bettman recommended to MLSE. I wonder why ???

IMHO, his loyalty is to the NHL, and his former team in Detroit !!! Apparently, he regularly hangs out with his former Detroit teammates.

By not moving his family to Toronto speaks volumes as to his real commitment to our Leafs, the City of Toronto, and Leafs Nation. I think he expected to be fired by MLSE sooner rather than later, and therefore would end up back as an NHL executive.

I really believe that Shanhan's mission was to make our Leafs competitive, but NOT competitive enough to compete for a Stanley Cup championship. Certainly looks like his mission was a COMPLETE SUCCESS !!!

Why would he move his family to TO if he thought he might not last long enough in the PofHO role? Why did he not direct his GMs to build a team that played the way he played in the NHL? Why did he put a rookie GM in charge? Why did he allow him to OVERPAY our young guns too soon? Why did he allow 4 forwards to take %50 of the cap for themselves? Why did he allow a rookie head coach to be hired? Why did he allow that rookie head coach to stay so long despite him being out-coached and his team beaten by lesser teams in the playoffs?

IMHO, Shanahan, and Keefe, should have been fired after our Leafs lost to the CBJ in the play-in series. Again, they should have been fired after our Leafs lost to the Habs in the Canadian division COVID-19 playoffs.

Shanhan has been given 10 years to get our Leafs somewhere other than repeated early round playoff exits. Our Leafs have not progressed one iota towards making the eastern conference finals never mind a Stanley cup final appearance.

I was insulted as a faithful 65 year Leaf fan when Shanahan appeared at that media press conference last Friday. I was looking forward to Pelley announcing that Shanhan had been fired and that he and Treliving would be running the team from now on.

It might be complete nonsense on my part, however it sure looks to me like Shanahan was an NHL shill/plant to keep our Leafs from being Stanley Cup champions any time soon !!!

JMHO.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
When we look back at this shit team and this shit era we will no doubt think that Shanny was dedicated to letting a rookie GM/coach do their thing while he's conducting his vision from.another country.

I manage many people in four different countries, very high pace high performing type jobs, I know with out a shadow of a doubt the antiquated thinking that you have to be in the same city to measure or control performance is an outdate thought process, not sure proximity to your reports necessarily equates to performance of duties. I think they have email and internet in NY, not 100% sure on that though, it's not like Shanny was finding out about trades and UFA signings through smoke signals.

Any good modern manager has KPI's and processes in place to measure performance. The issue with the Leafs was not habitation location but strategy and execution of an effective plan.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I think I remember Brian Burke being in Afghanistan on July 1st one year.
Remember when he marched in a parade one year? Posters on here lost their minds because he wasn't at his desk working phones :laugh:

Reactions: Smif

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
New York Yankees Organization:

Brian Cashman GM - lives in Darien, Connecticut
Randy Levine President - lives in Manhattan, New York
Aaron Boone Manager - lives in Greenwich, Connecticut

If Aaron Boone wanted to he could use his mobile phone to call in subs, pitches, field formations, batting order, etc. all from his couch at home. Yes it is possible. But just because it's possible doesn't mean it's a good idea.

• Haha
Reactions: Tak7

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Shanny has not been available (allegedly), fired Babcock before Keefe, he fired his GM last season, he fired his head coach at the end of this season. I know it's possible to be a President out of country, but goddammit in this case it hasn't worked. Perhaps if he were more intimate with this organization things wouldn't have gone to shit.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Shanny has not been available (allegedly), fired Babcock before Keefe, he fired his GM last season, he fired his head coach at the end of this season. I know it's possible to be a President out of country, but goddammit in this case it hasn't worked. Perhaps if he were more intimate with this organization things wouldn't have gone to shit.

correlative data does not = causation results

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Exactly !!! Shanahan was an NHL executive that Bettman recommended to MLSE. I wonder why ???

IMHO, his loyalty is to the NHL, and his former team in Detroit !!! Apparently, he regularly hangs out with his former Detroit teammates.

By not moving his family to Toronto speaks volumes as to his real commitment to our Leafs, the City of Toronto, and Leafs Nation. I think he expected to be fired by MLSE sooner rather than later, and therefore would end up back as an NHL executive.

I really believe that Shanhan's mission was to make our Leafs competitive, but NOT competitive enough to compete for a Stanley Cup championship. Certainly looks like his mission was a COMPLETE SUCCESS !!!

Why would he move his family to TO if he thought he might not last long enough in the PofHO role? Why did he not direct his GMs to build a team that played the way he played in the NHL? Why did he put a rookie GM in charge? Why did he allow him to OVERPAY our young guns too soon? Why did he allow 4 forwards to take %50 of the cap for themselves? Why did he allow a rookie head coach to be hired? Why did he allow that rookie head coach to stay so long despite him being out-coached and his team beaten by lesser teams in the playoffs?

IMHO, Shanahan, and Keefe, should have been fired after our Leafs lost to the CBJ in the play-in series. Again, they should have been fired after our Leafs lost to the Habs in the Canadian division COVID-19 playoffs.

Shanhan has been given 10 years to get our Leafs somewhere other than repeated early round playoff exits. Our Leafs have not progressed one iota towards making the eastern conference finals never mind a Stanley cup final appearance.

I was insulted as a faithful 65 year Leaf fan when Shanahan appeared at that media press conference last Friday. I was looking forward to Pelley announcing that Shanhan had been fired and that he and Treliving would be running the team from now on.

It might be complete nonsense on my part, however it sure looks to me like Shanahan was an NHL shill/plant to keep our Leafs from being Stanley Cup champions any time soon !!!

JMHO.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

JMHO.
Not sure about a shill or a plant but he certainly was incompetent. He failed pretty badly

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Maybe he prefers NYC so he can get all dolled-up on the weekends and go disco dancing. Lady in red is shouting "better answer your beeper...it might be Kyle!"

Disco-e1605500715198.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Trapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad