OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
lol that’s a great little tale

Moved from Dorchester to Whitman November ‘92. Then promptly broke my leg in January. Had a full leg cast for four months. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Edit: the Weymouth navy station is a giant condo complex now. It’s really nice, but makes me sad. I used to go to air shows there with pops back in the day
I loved those air shows. A friend of mine used to live in Weymouth, he'd throw a couple of cases of coke in a cooler and sell them to drivers stuck in traffic on Route 18.

I grew up in North Quincy. On either side of our neighborhood was military housing for families that worked at the air base. Our pick-up games were always the neighborhood kids vs. the military kids. And every 2 years a new group of families moved in to replace the prior group.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks much! It will run its course.

Now I have a sore throat, bad cough (not sleeping), headache and my eyes are red and gooey.

Very soon I will take that cough syrup that will make me sleep. (has codeine in it) .

SO cheer hard my Bs friends. I will be watching on the small TV in bed.

Hope you feel better.

Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I never miss a chocolate holiday! Banana chocolate chip muffins have been baked!

1715774087374.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I never miss a chocolate holiday! Banana chocolate chip muffins have been baked!

View attachment 871096
Had no idea! The lady friend made some "triple chocolate" brownies last night with all sorts of chocolate chips in 'em. I'm more of just a regular ass, no frills, boxed mix store brand, a little bit crispy around the edge brownies type of guy. But them triple chocolate with chocolate chip brownies were an experience. I think I will pair them with lunch today

• Love
Reactions: BMC and caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Cautious tale when looking at apartments: make sure the previous tennant didn't rip all the cable wires out of the panel and then spray foam the cavity and all the outlets. The entire unit has to be re-wired. Waiting for them to let me know about moving to a new unit.

Needless to say the last 4 days have been pure hell.

Sigh

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
My wife and I have been working on an obituary for my FiL. We finished it, but it seemed very bland. So I asked ChatGPT to improve it. Wow, what a difference. Now it looks like it was written by someone who knows what they are doing.

Here's an example:
Our version: A private memorial service will be held by the immediate family.

ChatGPT version: A private memorial service will be held by the immediate family to honor Luis's remarkable life and enduring legacy. His presence will forever be felt in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to know him.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My brother closed on a property in Bartlett NH.

He now has that and the one in Wells, Maine.

Both vacation homes.

He sent me this photo of the view from that one in NH. Looks like Heaven. Can't wait to use it in the winter and go skiing.

View attachment 870985

View attachment 870986
Looks like heaven, and there IS a ski shop down the street called Heaven lol. I have rented from there before, dude at the desk was totally lost but the equipment was fine and price was right.

I can recommend the northern extremes guided snow mobile tour. We did the longer tour and it was amazing. I would happily do it again.

Attitash sucks now, but if they ever open up their summer activities again I can also highly recommend their zipline tour. However, an even better zipline experience is down the street at Bretton Woods. Much better skiing over there as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Mione134

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My wife and I have been working on an obituary for my FiL. We finished it, but it seemed very bland. So I asked ChatGPT to improve it. Wow, what a difference. Now it looks like it was written by someone who knows what they are doing.

Here's an example:

ChatGPT version: A private memorial service will be held by the immediate family to honor Luis's remarkable life and enduring legacy. His presence will forever be felt in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to know him.
As the unofficial family obit writer, I appreciate the tip!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Here's an example:

This reminds me of that curb your enthusiasm episode. Beloved Aunt. They typo Aunt with a "C" instead of the "A". lol or as usual you wonder if Larry does it on purpose.lol

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This reminds me of that curb your enthusiasm episode. Beloved Aunt. They typo Aunt with a "C" instead of the "A". lol or as usual you wonder if Larry does it on purpose.lol
One that I saw that I'll never forget and still makes me laugh to think about it to this day was how some kid from my high school died in a car accident and his obituary tried to say that he was an aspiring rapper, but they forgot a p and listed him as an "aspiring raper"

• Haha
Reactions: DarrenBanks56

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Looks like heaven, and there IS a ski shop down the street called Heaven lol. I have rented from there before, dude at the desk was totally lost but the equipment was fine and price was right.

I can recommend the northern extremes guided snow mobile tour. We did the longer tour and it was amazing. I would happily do it again.

Attitash sucks now, but if they ever open up their summer activities again I can also highly recommend their zipline tour. However, an even better zipline experience is down the street at Bretton Woods. Much better skiing over there as well.

Thank you for all this information! I've hear not so good things of Attitash. We were recommended to go to Bretton when the times come. I really want to get into the shops North Conway during the holidays. I hear it's beautiful during christmas.

Reactions: rfournier103

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Thank you for all this information! I've hear not so good things of Attitash. We were recommended to go to Bretton when the times come. I really want to get into the shops North Conway during the holidays. I hear it's beautiful during christmas.
All of this is true. Depends on the type of skiing you like to do. Bretton Woods has very little if you like steep, or bumps, and the vertical is pretty bad. They also don't have a summit chair from the base, and this past season they skimped on lift operations down the stretch once all the snow finally arrived. If you like fairly gentle cruisers, and gentle tree runs, it's the place to be.

Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Got word they've started the transfer process so fingers crossed that the logistics can be worked out to get my stuff moved to my new unit this weekend. I just want to unpack and get my office set up so I can start decorating and order my new desk, dining table and hopefully a nice ottoman.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Black Mountain of NH is a fun mountain, locally owned, not by Vail or Omni
I'm loving all of this information. I've normally only hung out in Sandown because of my Aunt owns a lake house. So this is all new to me.

Anything around North Conway, Bartlett, etc I'm figuring out the best places to go. I want to support any local business I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad